Posting System Question

yamminonemo6

I really think the posting system is something that can really help this team if they would embrace it...

1. It takes away are most distinct problem in getting players in that all we have to do is bid more than anyone else and we are the only game in town and they most likely would not forgo signing with our team because we stink like every other free agent.

2. The bids can be paid for with some type of creative fiancing through a loan of some sort...We could get the guy we want without paying however much the bid is up front...Some type of longterm loan of some sort could really make premium FA's cheap in the short term and pay hugely (contention anyone?)....I just think if we could get a little creative we can turn this system into a huge boon for our confederate dollar dishing franchise.

Used selectively the posting system could be good. But I like Duquette's actions a little better. He knows that players who're free agents in Asia aren't subject to the posting system, nor do they require draft pick compensation, so he can sign guys like Wada and Chen at very reasonable costs without giving up either money or draft pick compensation.

Used selectively the posting system could be good. But I like Duquette's actions a little better. He knows that players who're free agents in Asia aren't subject to the posting system, nor do they require draft pick compensation, so he can sign guys like Wada and Chen at very reasonable costs without giving up either money or draft pick compensation.

Southern MD huh?...Me to Calvert County, the ranch club if you know what that is....Anyway I agree and but I think for premo guys like a Darvish the posting system can give us a huge edge versus normal premo FA's...Japan FA's are more likely to be mid-level guys which is great that DD is going for them too but at some point we need to be able to obtain superstar caliber guys.

Archived