• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All you nay-sayers are funny. You will all be wearing Fielder jerseys when he signs with the club in a week or so. :)
Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the moves the team makes, I'll always support the players on the Baltimore Orioles and root for them to do well. So yes, I'll speak out about not wanting the O's to sign Fielder. I'll say that I don't think it's a move I agree with. In the end, if they do sign him, I'll root for him to be the best player he can possibly be.

Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the moves the team makes, I'll always support the players on the Baltimore Orioles and root for them to do well. So yes, I'll speak out about not wanting the O's to sign Fielder. I'll say that I don't think it's a move I agree with. In the ende, if they do sign him, I'll root for him to be the best player he can possibly be.

Me too. MASN has a great segment on Chen right now. Very cool. He's on our team.

I appreciate the honesty regarding the OP. Beyond the question of why the journalist isn't reporting this type of news -- the thing that I question is the location of it all. Boras is based out of Newport Beach. This contact is located in La Jolla/Southern California. If Boras can feed information to guys like Heyman, surely he can plant BS right in his own wheelhouse -- right?

We are interested in Damon and EJax so of course we are talking to Boras. As to PF. if his price were to come down to the O's level of affordability, wouldn't it have already reached TEX' or the Gnats' levels. IMO TEX is in the drivers seat because that's where Prince really wants to go. If the Gnat's or the O's want him they have to jump in now with an 8-10 year offer. Otherwise Boras will blink and do a shorter deal with an opt out with TEX.

I know signing fielder is a long shot and I know adding him will not make us a playoff contender next year. However I remember all the reports saying that the only way the Orioles get involved is if the market starts crashing on Prince. Well we are at the point where it could be starting too. I am more interested to see if that actually will happen and if the O's actually stick to their word and at least make an offer, because I honestly don't believe they will make him an offer.

We are interested in Damon and EJax so of course we are talking to Boras. As to PF. if his price were to come down to the O's level of affordability, wouldn't it have already reached TEX' or the Gnats' levels. IMO TEX is in the drivers seat because that's where Prince really wants to go. If the Gnat's or the O's want him they have to jump in now with an 8-10 year offer. Otherwise Boras will blink and do a shorter deal with an opt out with TEX.

OMG! What if we got all three!

I am not at all surprised that we are in regular contact about Fielder. Why shouldn't we be? If his price drops to a reasonable number, we'd like to be in the game, I'm sure. But wake me up when someone reports that we are in serious negotiations with Fielder.

Wake me up when the ink is dry.

Archived