If Boras can feed information to guys like Heyman, surely he can plant BS right in his own wheelhouse -- right?

The guy operates on a national level. The whole country, including sites like Yahoo!, ESPN, SI, etc., is his wheelhouse.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not at all surprised that we are in regular contact about Fielder. Why shouldn't we be? If his price drops to a reasonable number, we'd like to be in the game, I'm sure. But wake me up when someone reports that we are in serious negotiations with Fielder.

I doubt we hear of anyone being in serious negotiations. Fielder will sign first.

Two interesting articles to put the Prince sweepstakes in perspective:

"It will be a franchise-record opening-day payroll, but considering the Rangers have a $3 billion TV deal starting in 2014, and already have received more than $100 million in upfront money from that deal, there's plenty left in the Rangers' coffers"

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/01/prince-fielder-could-be-next-star-on-texas-rangers-agenda-/1

"?Beeston said the Blue Jays ask certain questions of themselves before spending big on any free agent. "Is that going to put you over the top? Is that going to give you an opportunity to get to the point where you have that contending team, that competitive team? Does that one piece do it for you"

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/01/beeston-on-fielder.html

I wonder if JJ is recruiting him? Or at least pleading that front office look into it...

If we get Fielder, I'd officially at least watch games regularly again just to watch him hit in Camden.

Otherwise its gonna be another long season...

If JJ can get Prince to sign here, I nominate him for Most Valuable Oriole 2012 right now.

It really is pretty surprising the 2nd biggest FA on the market this year is still unsigned on January 19th.

Because its laughable that Boras thinks he's worth Pujols money+. Which is why the Orioles should stay far, far away, if his price does drop he will have numerous suiters. I just cant get excited about a fat man playing here even if he can put up a 1.000 OPS. Im guessing every other team feels the same way.

Because its laughable that Boras thinks he's worth Pujols money+. Which is why the Orioles should stay far, far away, if his price does drop he will have numerous suiters. I just cant get excited about a fat man playing here even if he can put up a 1.000 OPS. Im guessing every other team feels the same way.

Really!? the reason you wouldn't be excited about him signing is because he's fat?

It really is pretty surprising the 2nd biggest FA on the market this year is still unsigned on January 19th.

Well. It is what Neyer said. Anyone with vision thinks this is at least quite risky. I can't see that he is getting near what Scott promised him. He may be "transformational", but he is a unique body type. He offends both traditional scouts and sabermetricians.

Well. It is what Neyer said. Anyone with vision thinks this is at least quite risky. I can't see that he is getting near what Scott promised him. He may be "transformational", but he is a unique body type. He offends both traditional scouts and sabermetricians.

I just can't see him signing for 5+ years with a National League team. Where are they going to stash him if he becomes a defensive liability?

Archived