Some notes from Fanfest

Frobby

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitcher's forum

Tommy Hunter is flat out hilarious. Saying he googled Brady and saw his underwear ad. Then he found out Palmer was an underwear model. Maybe he can be the third.

Then he's asked which stadium he likes to pitch in. "New York. They have an amaxing kitchen. So much food. So much good food. I love their kitchen." (And on and on.)

Then they ask each player how they are feeling going into spring training. Hunter: "Hungry!" (Pause). "...for the season to start."

Matusz is asked what he'd do if he wasn't a baseball player. "Maybe a chef, for this guy."

Matusz went out of his way to say how much he liked working with Palmer in Irvine. I got the impression he's aware of the rumor that he made dismissive remarks about Palmer.

The panel was asked if any of them knew how many games Palmer won. None of them know. Jake: I feel like we should know, because he talks about it all the time.

Eveland says pitching in Albequerque he had to learn to trick hitters and keep it on the ground. Pitching there wad like pitching on the moon - no gravity.

Pitcher's forum

Tommy Hunter is flat out hilarious. Saying he googled Brady and saw his underwear ad. Then he found out Palmer was an underwear model. Maybe he can be the third.

Then he's asked which stadium he likes to pitch in. "New York. They have an amaxing kitchen. So much food. So much good food. I love their kitchen." (And on and on.)

Then they ask each player how they are feeling going into spring training. Hunter: "Hungry!" (Pause). "...for the season to start."

Matusz is asked what he'd do if he wasn't a baseball player. "Maybe a chef, for this guy."

Matusz went out of his way to say how much he liked working with Palmer in Irvine. I got the impression he's aware of the rumor that he made dismissive remarks about Palmer.

The panel was asked if any of them knew how many games Palmer won. None of them know. Jake: I feel like we should know, because he talks about it all the time.

Eveland says pitching in Albequerque he had to learn to trick hitters and keep it on the ground. Pitching there wad like pitching on the moon - no gravity.

Hunter and Arrieta are moving up my favorite Orioles list quickly.

Thanks for posting these updates BTW for us out of towners.

Here's where I insert that cliche about must spread rep around. Which is obviously much better than what Ryan Braun was allegedly spreading around.

For SG: I asked Nick if he noticed that he hits better when his hands are low and why he switches so much. He said it4 a comfort thing and he just goes with what's comfortable at the time. He said no matter where his hands start you have to get them to a power position. I think he was surprised at the question (and doesn't agree with you).

LOL that was you who asked that, when I heard that question I laughed at Nick's like weird reaction lol.

Dont think Fielder is even a remote possibility now.

Why's that Roy?

Duquette seemed pretty open about it. They want him at least, and did mention they need a player like him in the lineup.

Davis at 1B is definitely Plan B IMO.

Davis could be a useful bench player for us or maybe even a good DH if we got Fielder.

Archived