Swaim on twitter: Nationals to sign Prince Fielder to 8 year deal?

Greg

Incarcerated Bob (he's usually pretty good at getting scoops) is reporting that the Rangers have signed him. Here are two tweets from the past 15 minutes from him.

First tweet:

Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob**BREAKING MLB NEWS**Source: Texas Rangers have what they consider as a *DEAL* in principle with Prince Fielder (Source: Will Get Done!)

Most recent tweet:

"Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob **BREAKING MLB NEWS**Source: Texas Rangers have swooped in & signed the best player left on market PRINCE FIELDER #Arlington bound"

On the bright side, at least one person is going to look stupid.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like somebody knows somebody who knows Fielder has definitely made his decision....ha

The team and terms are probably unknown, but the two which are rumored obviously makes sense. Just hoping its not something like 6/120, because I think we should have definitely been involved if that was the case....

Scott Swaim Twitter: Source from #Nationals front office: DONE deal on Fielder. He has to fly from his home in FLA to WASH for Physical.

Sounds done to me. I am going to bed. Happy for the Nats. I know most people on here feel we dodged a bullet, but I think we blew yet another opportunity to return this franchise to any acceptable level of respectability.

Sounds done to me. I am going to bed. Happy for the Nats. I know most people on here feel we dodged a bullet, but I think we blew yet another opportunity to return this franchise to any acceptable level of respectability.

Enjoy going to your Nationals games, big fella. ;)

I only wish it was so easy for me to embrace another team.

Archived