Connolly says 7yr/140 "still beyond the comfort level" of the club

accinfo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boras never offers. He only takes bids. Shops them, call the Yankees and offers them a last shot. Then invents a mystery team to outbid you.

This is sooo true...you have to wonder why owners put up with the nonsense...if you wanted Fielder, then just put out your top offer..tell Boras the offer is good for 24 hours...if there is any leak or communication with another club then the offer is withdrawn and denied ever being made to the public.

I think right now no offers have been made.

Boras is probably speaking to teams that will offer 5+ years. To be a front runner you gotta go 7+.

I suspect this too. Besides Milwaukee's original offer back in the 20th Century (5/125? I forget now.) WHO has definitely made him a firm offer? Quote a source. Even an unreliable source, or even a Heyman tweet. I double-dog-dare ya. I don't think ANYONE has made a firm offer.

This is not critical mass yet, but wait two weeks......

Adding Fielder to the current roster changes things IMO, but I still do not see the move as enough to make us a contender in the AL East. The lineup would be solid, but the pitching would still be lacking. The Orioles need Fielder and an ace IMO. I am not sure the team can afford both moving forward. I do not think that Fielder picks the Orioles over the Rangers or Nats, but I like that we are trying.

Adding Fielder to the current roster changes things IMO, but I still do not see the move as enough to make us a contender in the AL East. The lineup would be solid, but the pitching would still be lacking. The Orioles need Fielder and an ace IMO. I am not sure the team can afford both moving forward. I do not think that Fielder picks the Orioles over the Rangers or Nats, but I like that we are trying.

I'll tell ya how how I see him... if we could sign him.......... dotted line Fielder an O... for 5, 6, 7 CERRRRRR-Razy money! (but pre-post-EDIT: But not so crazy as he'd accept the buyout on the money alone...) And a three year opt out. That would be PERFECT!

We get him ("long" term value has been debated ad nauseum) for the next couple years. His Ultra-Prime years. NObody can debate this! ;) That gives us a (semi-)reasonable window for DD to turn things around. Our own pitching prospects could drive this. Big IFS on top of big IFS, I know! BUT! Fielder would be IN the fold too! ;) One (very) less piece we'd need to pick up.

GG21, I see Fielder as a piece that won't come close to getting us competitive this year but could help us in the next two or three. A LOT! Just..... Ace up our sleeve territory.

I suspect this too. Besides Milwaukee's original offer back in the 20th Century (5/125? I forget now.) WHO has definitely made him a firm offer? Quote a source. Even an unreliable source, or even a Heyman tweet. I double-dog-dare ya. I don't think ANYONE has made a firm offer.

This is not critical mass yet, but wait two weeks......

They offered 5/100 and would have maybe went up to 6/120 but that was when they offered arbitration... I highly doubt that the offer is still on the table now.

The Brewers have indicated during negotiations with Prince Fielder that they would be willing to offer the free agent slugger a six-year deal worth $120MM, reports ESPN's Buster Olney (via Twitter). This would be a notable increase over Milwaukee's "last formal offer" of five years and $100MM to Fielder.

It's almost been a foregone conclusion that Fielder would leave the Brewers this winter but Olney notes (Twitter link) "it's a fluid situation, and Milwaukee is probably in play" unless another team makes an offer in the neighborhood of $170-$200MM. With the Mariners, Nationals, Cubs and possibly the Rangers all interested in Fielder, it's likely one of those clubs (or, Scott Boras' erstwhile "mystery team") will come forward with a contract that tops the Brewers' best offer.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/brewers-could-offer-fielder-six-years-120mm.html

Archived