Connolly says 7yr/140 "still beyond the comfort level" of the club

accinfo

A person close familiar with the negotiations, but not authorized to discuss publicly, said that talks were accelerating and could conclude today.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/01/prince-fielder-close-to-making-free-agent-decision/1

BNightengale Bob Nightengale

The #Nationals remain favorites for Prince, but no decision has been made #MLB

Thank god.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@InsideMLBNews has a tweet that I don't know how to link here...sorry..."Corran Horn"

It says "Fielder 100% down to Nats and O's, O's 7 year offer the clear favorite. Deal will be done today or tomorrow"

Can anyone link it? Sorry major firewall at work

A real MLB Insider? On twitter? Wow!!!!!!!!!1

@InsideMLBNews has a tweet that I don't know how to link here...sorry..."Corran Horn"

It says "Fielder 100% down to Nats and O's, O's 7 year offer the clear favorite. Deal will be done today or tomorrow"

But...but...I thought he was flying into Dulles, not BWI! :drek:

Since we all know that Angelos is a billionaire who doesn't invest in his team because he's a miserable old *****, I think the best way for the Orioles to send a message that they are serious is to offer Fielder the following contract: 10 years, $750 million, with a player option on the 11th year for another $85 million.

Offer that deal today and Fielder becomes an Oriole today. Get it done!

That twitter was started yesterday and only has like 30 followers. It's not reputable at all. All of these "insiders" on Twitter are absurd. This is going to go down in OH history with the WOW offer.

Since we all know that Angelos is a billionaire who doesn't invest in his team because he's a miserable old *****, I think the best way for the Orioles to send a message that they are serious is to offer Fielder the following contract: 10 years, $750 million, with a player option on the 11th year for another $85 million.

Offer that deal today and Fielder becomes an Oriole today. Get it done!

I think we'd still need to include the 3-year opt-out.

Archived