Now it's REALLY over...Prince to Detroit

connja

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is the absolute best at what he does. I mean don't get me wrong, he's destroying the sport one huge contract at a time, but I give him credit for being able to play rich old men like no one else.

This is what everyone is failing to realize. You can say all you want about Boras being a genius and the best at what he does but the man is single-handedly ruining baseball with these ridiculous contracts. Yet more proof that until there is a salary cap in baseball, the sport will continue to slowly deteriorate.

Guest rochester
I will refrain from my usual "Angelos is cheap" schtick here, because that contract is just...and I have a hard time finding a non-curse word laced adjective...crazy.

Well Detroit is out on Cespedes now maybe...

I feel the same way - I was PO'd over Tex because I didn't believe it was that bad... and I was hoping for us to even overspend on Fielder just to do something even if it wasn't the best move.... this is past that...I can't believe I am relieved we did not get him... As (I think) SG says - it's not about where it is only how much....

OK, That is too much money and too long. I was all in at 6 or even 7 years but 9 is insane.

Boras is amazing at what he does.

I agree. If he had signed for $140 at seven years somewhere I'd have to question the O's, but no way should the Orioles have gone 9-years on a 300 pound 27-year old first baseman.

Archived