Keith Law takes another shot at the O's

ChaosLex

Seriously? Just stop conversing with me if this is going to be your questioning because its so awful.

I'm just trying to determine why you still think the organization is awful. You have had several positive comments about what's gone on since DD arrived and the only real beef I recall is the Eveland trade. Even if you turn out to be correct, how can you arrive at the Organization Blows with all the good and potentially great things that are going on?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares what they say. The O's need to win to prove them wrong. They are just writers. You got one writer saying Cepedes does not want to play in Miami and the other one the complete opposite.It's like the song by Dire Straits.I go down to speaker's corner I'm thunderstruck They got free speech, tourists, police in trucks Two men say they're jesus one of them must be wrong

?Meanwhile, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter) that Cespedes has told teams he would prefer not to play in Miami. However, Friasro tweets that Cespedes has no issues playing for the Marlins.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/01/marlins-notes-hanley-fielder-cespedes.html

LOL...This thread was started and people jumped with no knowledge of the pitcher. It was all about people crying because their little team gets bashed by the same people over and over again. Chaos and others had no clue if his facts were right and quite frankly, they didn't care.

Hopefully you are smart enough to see that..if not, well, that's on you.

I know nothing whatsoever about this Korean youth. I do enjoy lashing back at Mr. Law. He makes himself an easy target with his snarkiness.

I'm just trying to determine why you still think the organization is awful. You have had several positive comments about what's gone on since DD arrived and the only real beef I recall is the Eveland trade. Even if you turn out to be correct, how can you arrive at the Organization Blows with all the good and potentially great things that are going on?

He's bi-polar. That's why he hangs out on the bi-polar message board.

Who cares what they say. The O's need to win to prove them wrong. They are just writers. You got one writer saying Cepedes does not want to play in Miami and the other one the complete opposite.It's like the song by Dire Straits.I go down to speaker's corner I'm thunderstruck They got free speech, tourists, police in trucks Two men say they're jesus one of them must be wrong

?Meanwhile, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter) that Cespedes has told teams he would prefer not to play in Miami. However, Friasro tweets that Cespedes has no issues playing for the Marlins.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/01/marlins-notes-hanley-fielder-cespedes.html

They have to earn their muckracking keep.

I am not even neccassarily talking about this exact tweet and whether his info on this pitcher is right or wrong...and let's face it, this thread wasn't started on that premise either.

The intention of this thread was to complain that Law said something that people don't like because he bashed their team.

Who cares? The Orioles blow and are a joke. It doesn't matter if I say it, Chaos says it, Law says it, Royle says it or Heyman says it...Everyone would be right.

People get so bent out of shape when national people take shots at "their team". There is a reason they are taking those shots.

I guess it doesn't matter that Law was apparently wrong about the guy's height and velocity and that Law bent it around to make it look like DD is blowing money that could have been spent to give his buddies, who he feels were so rudely dismissed despite the fact that the Orioles have been terrible in professional scouting for how long? How's that for a run-on sentence.

Also, your comments about the organization being a joke may have been partially correct in the past, but DD has reshaped the scouting and development and is taking more chances on international players than any previous Orioles GM. The results will remain to be seen, but from the backgrounds of the guys he's bringing in, I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. You and others have screamed for years that the organization can't jump to quick fixes and must build from within. Well, that's exactly what DD has done since getting here yet you still scream out that the organization should be mocked by people who can't even get there facts straight.

I know nothing whatsoever about this Korean youth. I do enjoy lashing back at Mr. Law. He makes himself an easy target with his snarkiness.

I just think he should have all the facts before he takes a shot at one of his favorite whipping boys.

characters

Haha. Law is so egotistical that he actually thought the Sun would print a retraction because clearly his information couldn't be wrong. That's a classic response there Chaos. Law has some abilities, but somewhere along the line he has decided to become the Jim Rome of scouting. I used to be a fan but now I take him for what he's worth, which isn't very much. He's trying to be an expert on every team and he just can't, but that certainly doesn't stop him from trying.

I guess it doesn't matter that Law was apparently wrong about the guy's height and velocity and that Law bent it around to make it look like DD is blowing money that could have been spent to give his buddies, who he feels were so rudely dismissed despite the fact that the Orioles have been terrible in professional scouting for how long? How's that for a run-on sentence.

Also, your comments about the organization being a joke may have been partially correct in the past, but DD has reshaped the scouting and development and is taking more chances on international players than any previous Orioles GM. The results will remain to be seen, but from the backgrounds of the guys he's bringing in, I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. You and others have screamed for years that the organization can't jump to quick fixes and must build from within. Well, that's exactly what DD has done since getting here yet you still scream out that the organization should be mocked by people who can't even get there facts straight.

Tony, the ideas still have to be implemented and they still have to work. What he has done off the field is great..I have said that numerous times. He is doing many of the things I called for years ago, when most people thought I was wrong or just ignored the big picture issues....but those ideas still need to come to fruition and PA is still the owner, so I will believe it when I see it.

The Mazzone hiring was great but this organization swallowed him up and spit him out.

Until proven otherwise, the organization is a joke and they still seemingly have no idea what to do with the ML team.

Tony, the ideas still have to be implemented and they still have to work. What he has done off the field is great..I have said that numerous times. He is doing many of the things I called for years ago, when most people thought I was wrong or just ignored the big picture issues....but those ideas still need to come to fruition and PA is still the owner, so I will believe it when I see it.

The Mazzone hiring was great but this organization swallowed him up and spit him out.

Until proven otherwise, the organization is a joke and they still seemingly have no idea what to do with the ML team.

I agree. No one is laughing at them because their scouting department needed improvement. Losing for 14 years in an embarassment; the jokes on the Orioles until they fix it.

Well, that's one man's opinion.

I agree. No one is laughing at them because their scouting department needed improvement. Losing for 14 years in an embarassment; the jokes on the Orioles until they fix it.

I second this.. (or third it whatever the case may be)... The Orioles organization has earned the doubt and reputation it has. That will only stop when they actually become relevant again. With that said, none of these writers need to make things up to criticize, there is plenty of real stuff to pick apart.

I second this.. (or third it whatever the case may be)... The Orioles organization has earned the doubt and reputation it has. That will only stop when they actually become relevant again. With that said, none of these writers need to make things up to criticize, there is plenty of real stuff to pick apart.

Actually. Law was taking shots at the Orioles because the same disgruntled Five Hundred dollar shoe wearing, daily Golf playing, Pro Scout who he counts among his friends was still complaining about the night of long knives that broke up the party.

Actually. Law was taking shots at the Orioles because the same disgruntled Five Hundred dollar shoe wearing, daily Golf playing, Pro Scout who he counts among his friends was still complaining about the night of long knives that broke up the party.

Yeah.. that's the vibe I get too. Like I said in a previous post.. it appears he has lost his objectivity.

Exactly, he made it a point to mention the scouting shakeup when he was ripping the new signee.

KLaw is like someone who found religion late in life and now is a fervent convert. Back when he joined the Jays FO he was famously anti-scout then after their 100% analytical approach bombed he decided he would be the guardian of the scouting community.

Archived