Construction of the Marlins' new home run...thingy now underway

SammyBirdland

Marlins Park...video-game style.

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:726502" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" base="." flashvars="" height="288" width="512">

Fantastic! Goes perfect with their new hat:

pMLB2-11543546dt.jpg

Might have to make a trip their this season and experience this glory to behold, in person.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still less stupid then putting a hill in CF.

Take that Astros.

Not to mention that stupid flag pole on top of the hill. I actually really like how the Astros' stadium looks but that outfield situation is idiotic, in my opinion.

Still less stupid then putting a hill in CF.

Take that Astros.

Not to mention that stupid flag pole on top of the hill. I actually really like how the Astros' stadium looks but that outfield situation is idiotic, in my opinion.

I only blame the Astros for a total lack of creativity. They stole the hill in the outfield from Crosley Field in Cincy (with maybe a little, tame ode to Nashville's Sulpher Dell), and the flag pole from Tiger Stadium, among others.

My buddy spends a lot of time in Miami and he says the structure is symbolic of the architecture and murals in the surrounding area of Little Havana (where the stadium is located). It's called Calle 8 I think.

There was an article in the PB Post a few weeks ago about the artist that designed this thingy. It was all about fitting into the Miami culture blah, blah, blah.

It will be real interesting to see it in person.

Archived