Milledge Traded to Nats

Birds08

What the #@$%? They could've gotten a LOT more for Milledge. This is just weird. Potentially Kazmir-Zambrano weird.

Sounds like it was for Church too, which would make sense. Shame Gibbons still wasn't able to throw up a .750 OPS or else we may have been able to pul off a Hernandez/Gibbons for LM deal.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow Mets fans are going to go ballistic on this one.

Fantastic deal for the Nats.

How so, a bad Catcher and a lesser prospect to put in the 4th OF spot.

Church is good, very good, but it is almost a latteral move.

Heres a rumor I just started...Maybe they are sending these players to us....for Hernandez etc....

If this is true, then I admit I was wrong about what the Mets would require to trade Milledge, so there's no need to throw my words back in my face.

As a Mets fan on the NL side of things, I am not happy at all with this deal, and can't wait for the underyling reasons for it to surface. Quite shocking to me that Omar would settle for this.

Thats fine the O's have better options when it comes to Ramon.

Hernandez would've been too much apparently... we could've pulled off a Luis Hernandez/Tike Redman for Milledge deal! If only we didn't cut Eider Torres, they probably would've thrown in Humber and Pelfrey.

I believe it was two weeks ago, FOX was broadcasting the Giants/Lions game in the Meadowlands. Schneider was on the sidelines with Siragousa (sp?) I thought it was odd and didn't see a connection. Maybe there is no connection and it's simply a coincidence that two weeks later he was traded to New York. I just found it strange that he was there.

Kearns, Pena, and Milledge in the Nats outfield. That's three names that have been discussed here a lot over the past few years...

If this is true, then I admit I was wrong about what the Mets would require to trade Milledge, so there's no need to throw my words back in my face.

As a Mets fan on the NL side of things, I am not happy at all with this deal, and can't wait for the underyling reasons for it to surface. Quite shocking to me that Omar would settle for this.

Conceivably, Billy Beane would prefer Ryan Church to Lastings Milledge, in which case this deal may be a prelude to something bigger for Haren or Blanton.

It's a theory anyway.

Jeebus.

Emilano Fruto for Wily Mo

Wilkerson and Sledge for Soriano

Church and Schnieder for Miledge

Why can't we make deals like this? I know BOS would have asked for more from us to get WMP, but still.......

Don't forget the magnum opus: a couple of relievers for Kearns and Lopez.

This trade still isn't being listed in any NY papers, Wash papers, ESPN, Fox, etc....

So, I am a little skeptical.

There are a few of these phony trades each year from blogs.

I just heard an interview with Omar on WFAN out of NY. It is a done deal.

One interesting thing that was said in the interview was that he (Omar) went to both Baltimore and Oakland first to see if they had any intrest in Milledge. Both said no. :confused: He said they needed a catcher badly.

Archived