Roch: Tillman trying to turn around career

ChaosLex

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was a reference to Buck's obsession with plate times and what happened with Matusz last season. Sorry I wasn't more obvious.

In Matusz's case, I doubt he could have gotten any more shorter in his stride than he already was. Also, many of these isues with Tillman were going on with Kranitz and pre-Buck.

Like all the young pitchers, I'm keeping an open mind on Tillman. Some guys eventually "get it" and improve, while others never do. As I said previously, if the guy had no talent, he wouldn't have so many games on his resume in which he dominated the opposition, allowing 0-4 hits. But he simply has never been consistent from one game to the next. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of our best 5 pitchers, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't develop any further and spends most of 2012 in the minors. We'll find out. But at least the kid has been working hard this winter trying to get better, along with Matusz, Hunter and VandenHurk. That leaves me at least a little room for optimism.

Like all the young pitchers, I'm keeping an open mind on Tillman. So me guys eventually "get it" and improve, while others never do. As I said previously, if the guy had no talent, he wouldn't have so many games on his resume in which he dominated the opposition, allowing 0-4 hits. But he simply has never been consistent from one game to the next. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of our best 5 pitchers, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't develop any further and spends most of 2012 in the minors. We'll find out. But at least the kid has been working hard this winter trying to get better, along with Matusz, Hunter and VandenHurk. That leaves me at least a little room for optimism.

Well, only 62 innings but his peripherals ware actually the best of his career last year. I'm gad to hear that he seems to get the importance of throwing strikes. He does have some nice secondaries. I guess there is something to be optimistic about. Still, I just don't see it.

Archived