Bye Bye to Danny O'Brien?

Floater

Seems like it would be stupid to transfer to a 1A school. Probably better off seeing if he can get it together at MD. Probably what he's thinking too. I don't know much about the situation, but I imagine he stays.

Like I said, I would guarantee if he goes to a I-A program he goes to Vanderbilt. He knows Franklin's offense, and did very well in it. A good year in the SEC could get him NFL attention.

He could go I-AA for the extra year.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I said, I would guarantee if he goes to a I-A program he goes to Vanderbilt. He knows Franklin's offense, and did very well in it. A good year in the SEC could get him NFL attention.

He is set to graduate in the spring. If he decides to transfer he can enroll in a grad program at his new school and play right away, even a 1-A school, provided the grad program is one that is not offered at UM. Russel Wilson is the most recent example of someone who took advantage of that loophole. So as long as DOB graduates at the end of spring semester, he will still have 2 years at his new school.

He is set to graduate in the spring. If he decides to transfer he can enroll in a grad program at his new school and play right away' date=' [u']even a 1-A school[/u], provided the grad program is one that is not offered at UM. Russel Wilson is the most recent example of someone who took advantage of that loophole. So as long as DOB graduates at the end of spring semester, he will still have 2 years at his new school.

Good point.

It's a good possibility but does he beat out Rodgers?

I have a feeling Diggs doesn't come here unles DOB told him he was sticking around. DOB hosted him at his freaking official visit last Saturday.

Oh, but Edsall is the devil. Locksley's only brought us one of our best recruiting classes in the last......ever.

Fixed. Remember, Brown, Reid and Diggs really weren't serious about UM until Locksley was on board.

Fixed. Remember' date=' Brown, Reid and Diggs really weren't serious about UM until Locksley was on board.[/quote']

True. Credit needs to be given where it's due and I cannot deny that Locksley is the biggest reasons we landed these guys.

Still, if Edsall was satan reincarnate, I doubt they would have come here.

I dunno, maybe the guy isn't so bad? I'm looking forward to next September.

A. Bottom line is Edsall needs to produce wins on the field

B. I'm not saying Locksey is cheating but people should at least be leery of his ability to get so many good players so quickly. He also has had noted issues off the field at New Mexcio. Not to mention his horrid record as a coach there. Locksley has a chance to blow up in MD and Anderson's face. And I say those two because from what I understand Edsall has no choice in Locksley being brought in here.

Fixed. Remember' date=' Brown, Reid and Diggs really weren't serious about UM until Locksley was on board.[/quote']

And Edsall hired Locksley. If Edsall's recruiting class stinks, no one blames it on the assistants, right? It would all be Edsall's fault. So, Edsall needs to get credit for this IMO. Now he needs to prove he can translate this to better performance on the field.

And Edsall hired Locksley. If Edsall's recruiting class stinks, no one blames it on the assistants, right? It would all be Edsall's fault. So, Edsall needs to get credit for this IMO. Now he needs to prove he can translate this to better performance on the field.

As I mentioned above from what I've heard Edsall was not the one who chose to bring Locksley in. Now, I'm not saying he was against the move but it wasn't his decision. He's not the one who said," Hey lets go get Mike Locksley". So, IMO while he doesn't get a lot of the credit for the recruiting that Locksley was able to accomplish he also won't get the blame from me if Locksley has issues here.

The bottom line is going to be wins and losses. I could care less how well we recruit if it doesn't translate to wins on the field and as an OC and HC neither Locksley or Edsall should give you all hat much confidence that we'll be winning many games.

I have a feeling Diggs doesn't come here unles DOB told him he was sticking around. DOB hosted him at his freaking official visit last Saturday.

Oh, but Edsall is the devil. He's only brought us one of our best recruiting classes in the last......ever.

2010 (Friedgen's last class) was 36th. Edsall's class last year was 43.

2009 - 26

2008 - 38

2007 - 35

2006 - 29

And so on.

As I mentioned above from what I've heard Edsall was not the one who chose to bring Locksley in. Now, I'm not saying he was against the move but it wasn't his decision. He's not the one who said," Hey lets go get Mike Locksley". So, IMO while he doesn't get a lot of the credit for the recruiting that Locksley was able to accomplish he also won't get the blame from me if Locksley has issues here.

The bottom line is going to be wins and losses. I could care less how well we recruit if it doesn't translate to wins on the field and as an OC and HC neither Locksley or Edsall should give you all hat much confidence that we'll be winning many games.

Oh wow, I missed that comment. Interesting. So, Edsall is here for one year and is already have assistants "forced" on him (for lack of a better term)?

But certainly - as you mentioned - if it doesn't turn into wins, it doesn't matter.

Oh wow, I missed that comment. Interesting. So, Edsall is here for one year and is already have assistants "forced" on him (for lack of a better term)?

But certainly - as you mentioned - if it doesn't turn into wins, it doesn't matter.

I have not heard anything about whose decision it ultimately was to bring in Locksley. But I believe it ultimately came out that Gary Crowton was a Kevin Anderson hire. Edsall wanted to bring in his OC from UCONN, but Anderson wanted a "flashier" name.

Archived