• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Dan Duquette and Buck Showalter play the option game magnificently. So I expect plenty of new players with plenty of options. This will likely effect which players stay on the roster as well. Especially in the bullpen.

I think Matusz is out of options (not sure) thus likely to be out of Baltimore.

Unfortunately, its not that easy to figure out the option status for given player. Anybody have a source for this data?

Dan Duquette and Buck Showalter play the option game magnificently. So I expect plenty of new players with plenty of options. This will likely effect which players stay on the roster as well. Especially in the bullpen.

I think Matusz is out of options (not sure) thus likely to be out of Baltimore.

Unfortunately, its not that easy to figure out the option status for given player. Anybody have a source for this data?

This is old, 2014 out of options list, and Matusz is listed as out of options:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/03/out-of-options-2014.html

Matusz is a non-tender candidate as much because his salary is rising past the point of where you really want to pay a true LOOGY. Meek and Steve Johnson are likely to be moved off the 40-man for this reason, also.

Out of Options in 2015:

- Brach

- Britton

- Davis (suspended)

- de Aza

- Hunter

- Johnson

- Lough

- Matusz

- Meek

- Paredes

- Pearce

- Tillman

- Webb

Source: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/137234-2014-Orioles-40-man-Roster-Tracker

I also believe that I read that the Orioles can carry 41 man on their 40 man roster for the off-season.

This is correct- Davis does not count against the 40-man roster while he is on the suspended list. I believe they are at 34 right now, once you remove Davis and the pending free agents (Casilla, Hundley, Miller, Santana, Saunders, Johnson, Cruz, Markakis, Young) and put Machado and Wieters back onto the 40-man roster.

Matusz is a non-tender candidate as much because his salary is rising past the point of where you really want to pay a true LOOGY. Meek and Steve Johnson are likely to be moved off the 40-man for this reason, also.

Out of Options in 2015:

- Brach

- Britton

- Davis (suspended)

- de Aza

- Hunter

- Johnson

- Lough

- Matusz

- Meek

- Paredes

- Pearce

- Tillman

- Webb

Source: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/137234-2014-Orioles-40-man-Roster-Tracker

I think this hurts these guys chances to be offered a ML contract this off-season. Not a definitive reason, but its going to be a factor.

Hunter being the most likely to be kept.

I find it hard to believe de Aza AND Lough AND Markakis are on the ML roster. One or two of those three will be backups. Need to be able to send down a backup OF.

• Brach
  • de Aza
  • Hunter
  • Johnson
  • Lough
  • Matusz
  • Meek
  • Paredes

Archived