Has there been one positive moment since before the Allstar break last year?

cb3fsu

Aside from maybe managing to sign our 1st round pick, has there been one bit of good news concerning the Orioles since Britton has his exciting debut before the inevitable fade?

Seriously, please post anything you've got. And don't even think about mentioning any BS about knocking the Redsox out of the playoffs.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aside from maybe managing to sign our 1st round pick, has there been one bit of good news concerning the Orioles since Britton has his exciting debut before the inevitable fade?

Seriously, please post anything you've got. And don't even think about mentioning any BS about knocking the Redsox out of the playoffs.

Red Sox Implosion. Robert Andino.

Well...in the 2nd half, we were 33-41, including 15-13 in September.

Wieters had .279/.367/.620 line his last 36 games.

Britton's "inevitable fade" resulted in 4.71 ERA over the last two months, which really isn't all that bad for a rookie.

In 22 September games, Reimold had a .281/.395/.578 line.

In Markakis' last 101 games, he had a .312/.381/.466 line.

Just to name a few...

1. Knocking the Red Sox out of the playoffs.

2. Signing Duquette (It might not end up going well, but at least it's change. Things can't possibly get worse for this franchise so it's at worst a neutral move.)

3. Chen (see above)

4. Gregg not being the closer anymore

5. The creation of the greatest AAA team ever assembled.

I think it depends on what you are looking for; I haven't been euphoric, but I have had some great Oriole moments since the All-Star break. I think Nick Markakis and Matt Weiters being recognized as Gold Glove recipients was pretty great.

Staying on Nick for just some small positive, I think post-break he had nearly twice as many doubles, more HR and had a SLG nearly 70 points higher than pre-break.

Also, I guess I am cautiously optimistic about our reach into the international market

Finally, I may be alone, but I think we were right not to offer Prince Fielder anything close to the contract he finally got and I believe that was a positive.

None of those are Earth-Shattering, but I don't need to be over-whelmed either. Nick is my favorite current Oriole and Matt is a close second so the Gold Gloves were probably more positive to me than I am letting on.

I think it depends on what you are looking for; I haven't been euphoric, but I have had some great Oriole moments since the All-Star break. I think Nick Markakis and Matt Weiters being recognized as Gold Glove recipients was pretty great.

Staying on Nick for just some small positive, I think post-break he had nearly twice as many doubles, more HR and had a SLG nearly 70 points higher than pre-break.

Also, I guess I am cautiously optimistic about our reach into the international market

Finally, I may be alone, but I think we were right not to offer Prince Fielder anything close to the contract he finally got and I believe that was a positive.

None of those are Earth-Shattering, but I don't need to be over-whelmed either. Nick is my favorite current Oriole and Matt is a close second so the Gold Gloves were probably more positive to me than I am letting on.

I can tell ya one thing. This thread isn't one of them.

What exactly is the question anyway? "...since before"... isn't that an oxymoron?

When is since before exactly?

In linear terms I am almost certainly not at all postive that it would be slightly behind "nearly after", but I could be only partially 100% correct.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sPNpJX8b-bc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andino

Even if the O's eventually somehow turn it around and become a model franchise again and win rings, this will still be one of my best O's memories. I still get pumped watching this. I also read the last 10-15 pages of this thread from time to time too.

Even if the O's eventually somehow turn it around and become a model franchise again and win rings, this will still be one of my best O's memories. I still get pumped watching this. I also read the last 10-15 pages of this thread from time to time too.

Yeah, the WHOLE night was pretty amazing! And I didn't even get home from work till 11:00.

Archived