Has there been one positive moment since before the Allstar break last year?

cb3fsu

Oh, I didn't realize it had to be only the one thing. That's my mistake. I think the Orioles have had several positive moments in the timeframe anyway.

It didn't have to be only one thing. ;)

Seriously, please post anything you've got. And don't even think about mentioning any BS about Einstein and Relativity. Or Oppenheimer, and the Atomic Bomb.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, I didn't realize it had to be only the one thing. That's my mistake. I think the Orioles have had several positive moments in the timeframe anyway.
So do I. I am curious to know why the OP doesn't consider our record in Sept against clubs trying to get to the playoffs, Wieters' and Nick's good second halfs, or the promising bullpen performances of Strop, Phillips, and JJ, e.g. as positives.

So do I. I am curious to know why the OP doesn't consider our record in Sept against clubs trying to get to the playoffs, Wieters' and Nick's good second halfs, or the promising bullpen performances of Strop, Phillips, and JJ, e.g. as positives.

Maybe he signed on to the wrong Web site?

I guess you dont recall the O's performance after Buck was hired, and how well it carried over. Can't wait for the excuses to start this year.

I don't understand how you guys think beating the Redsox to keep them from making the playoffs means ANYTHING to the Orioles. Who cares? Was it an exciting moment? Yeah. Did it nullify finishing last? I dont think so. I want the team to be good, I want them to improve.

The idea that anything was accomplished by beating a team that is clearly better when they are not playing well against anyone is depressing, especially when people act like it is the biggest thing to happen in the last 15 years.

You are comparing this to Edison.

I cant even conceive of a logical explanation for this aside from Stockholm Syndrome. 15 years! 15 years! Kanye West should write a song about this pathetic franchise.

The Orioles are terrible. Because they are so bad, our expectations of positive moments are extremely low compared to other teams. Beating the Red Sox in a meaningful game was a very positive moment. The Orioles rarely have meaningful games, especially in September. The problem I have with celebrating that the Red Sox did not get into the playoffs is that it got the Rays in, another divisional opponent (although I hate Red Sox fans 100x more than Rays).

There were positive performances out of some of our most important pieces at the end of the year, especially Wieters. However, as you pointed out, I can not get too excited about it after the teams great performance when Buck was hired in 2010.

I was glad we were getting a new GM, until people started turning us down. I felt like we settled on a guy who's been out of baseball for longer than I'd like. Time will tell on this one.

I'm not confident in this team's ability to compete this year, but at least I won't have a big let down like I did last year. I guess it's positive that the Orioles aren't trying to fool me again.

If sending the cocky Red Sox home didn't give you any pleasure, then I don't know what to tell you.

In keeping with the Neil Armstrong theme:

Name one positive thing Thomas Edison ever did. And don't even think about mentioning any BS about inventing the lightbulb.

The Orioles did this!

300309_889995724376_10515721_40675980_248608527_n.jpg

I guess you dont recall the O's performance after Buck was hired, and how well it carried over. Can't wait for the excuses to start this year.

I don't understand how you guys think beating the Redsox to keep them from making the playoffs means ANYTHING to the Orioles. Who cares? Was it an exciting moment? Yeah. Did it nullify finishing last? I dont think so. I want the team to be good, I want them to improve.

The idea that anything was accomplished by beating a team that is clearly better when they are not playing well against anyone is depressing, especially when people act like it is the biggest thing to happen in the last 15 years.

You are comparing this to Edison.

I cant even conceive of a logical explanation for this aside from Stockholm Syndrome. 15 years! 15 years! Kanye West should write a song about this pathetic franchise.

Was it, or was it not, a positive moment? People are only answering your opening question.

Sometimes I think I have. It seems like every time I try to get the Hangout lately, I end up on the Sun Boards. Something wrong with my computer I guess.......:scratchchinhmm:

You're absolutely right. The trolls are getting old frankly. I don't think I've ever seen as many posters with> 500 posts. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Aside from maybe managing to sign our 1st round pick, has there been one bit of good news concerning the Orioles since Britton has his exciting debut before the inevitable fade?

Seriously, please post anything you've got. And don't even think about mentioning any BS about knocking the Redsox out of the playoffs.

First, let me mention the so called "BS" about September 28, 2011. I have been an Orioles fan since 1980, possibly before you were born, and that game was one of the most memorable and satisfying I ever witnessed, and I've watched them win the World Series among other things. So don't categorize something as "BS" that you don't understand or have perspective for.

I like the Chen signing. I also like the added pitching depth which will no doubt result in quality starts. I like the trade for Davis and Hunter, and the trade for Strop. I like the depth bulit up for the bullpen as well. Jim Johnson's performance as a closer late last year was a positive.

There are far more that I could mention. I am the type of person that finds positives, rather than someone who can't see them.

Archived