The Edsall Factor

Todd-O

Point 1, I disagree with. I don't think there needs to be much speculation at all. I'd be willing to bet nearly anything that Franklin was in contact with DOB and several other players.

He's admitted to being "in contact" with O'Brien, though not talking about transferring. I'm sure Edsall has been "in contact" with players from UConn, even if no one came with him. So that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Point 2, I agree with. But as I've said, I don't agree with the decision to block DOB to Vandy. It is not a move I would have made. But I don't think it is the travesty it is being made out to be.

In a vacuum, maybe not. In this particular latrine full of BS, it surely is.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything that Edsall has done since coming to Maryland shows that he is a hypocrite, doesn't hold himself accountable, and has no idea how to communicate with players (at least ones that aren't directly his), fans and media.

His quotes certainly lend to this. I'm **hoping** that behind the doors it's a different scene. The mass exodus of players doesn't bode well.

With the departure comments about the three players last week... Edsall should have wished them all well and left it at that...

^^^ That is a good move on Edsall's part. Slapping those restrictions on the kids was a knee-jerk reaction that, in his hindsight, isn't necessary. I'm sure he nor K. Anderson, were interested in the NCAA sinking their teeth into this issue. I can only imagine that would have opened up the wounds more OR created new ones.

So, +1 to Edsall.

“While at first I thought it was important to limit the institutions to which they could transfer, I have since reconsidered my decision. At the end of the day, I want what’s best for these guys and I wish them well in their futures. As a program we are looking forward to putting this distraction behind us and to moving forward. Spring practice opens on March 10 and we can’t wait to get back out on the field.”

Good for him. If he thinks Franklin and/or Vanderbilt did something wrong, then UM should take it up with them and the NCAA (which they apparently will do). No need to restrict the players for someone else's actions.

Edsall is a hypocrite and a clown with bad PR skills, and an inability to listen to the PR pros he should be listening to. At least that's what I'm assuming is happening. He's turned off his players, the media, and the fans. Where the hell is he going to be getting any support, especially since I won't believe for a second that he reconsidered this all on his own without any pressure from a higher place. Two new coordinators have been brought in after one season, most likely to save his butt. He's hanging by a thread, and seemingly sabotaging himself as he dangles. He's killing the morale of the program, and I can't believe he'll be around long.

Man I've never had a greater desire for one man to succeed than Randy Edsall. The amount of hell he catches is absurd.

That's like watching someone walk around the city licking every door handle, getting sick constantly, then say you are rooting for them to not get sick.

If he doesn't want to catch hell, he shouldn't do dumb crap that he'll catch hell for doing.

That's like watching someone walk around the city licking every door handle, getting sick constantly, then say you are rooting for them to not get sick.

If he doesn't want to catch hell, he shouldn't do dumb crap that he'll catch hell for doing.

Are you the foremost expert on the inner-workings of the Maryland Football program?

Thing is, I doubt Edsall gives a crap about the hell he catches. As long as he gets to do things his way, no one else matters. Which is why I find it odd that many of his defenders feel so bad for him. It's one thing to support him as the head coach because you think he will eventually win. But to take pity on him like he's some kind of victim here is just laughable.

Thing is' date=' I doubt Edsall gives a crap about the hell he catches. As long as he gets to do things his way, no one else matters. Which is why I find it odd that many of his defenders feel so bad for him. It's one thing to support him as the head coach because you think he will eventually win. But to take pity on him like he's some kind of victim here is just laughable.[/quote']

I don't think he cares, either. Or else he would stop doing things that get crap thrown his way. The problem is that if he doesn't get the fans (particularly the boosters) on his side, he's not going to get as long of an opportunity to do things his way; he's going to be the offensive coordinator at Towson or something.

He pretty much has to win now, or he's gone. No one will be willing to fight for him.

Archived