NCAA Tournament Thread

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tough to do when you lose your point guard and guy that runs the offense. I think UNC wins that if Marshall doesn't break his wrist last week.

They very well might have, but they still needed to come through. Stilman White played within himself and did an excellent job against Ohio University. 6 assists, 0 turnovers, and he only took 3 shots in regulation.

Today against Kansas, he had another solid game, with 7 assists and no turnovers.

He is a freshman that has averaged 4 minutes a game all season, and he came in and played 32 minutes against Ohio, 28 minutes against Kansas, and had 13 assists, no turnovers, and was very judicious about how often he shot the ball.

I'm glad that Roy Williams is the type of coach that won't make any excuses, regardless of the absence of Kendall Marshall. He'll probably praise White, praise Kansas, and say that we just weren't good enough.

So proud of our effort today, they played so hard, and had a shot without KM.

Kudos to Coach Self, and KU, what a terrific basketball game.

I haven't watched UNC much this year (except for the tourney), can you explain what happened to Barnes. Maybe he was just off in the tourney, but he looks like he regressed from last year.

I haven't watched UNC much this year (except for the tourney), can you explain what happened to Barnes. Maybe he was just off in the tourney, but he looks like he regressed from last year.

He was completely lost without Marshall.. Barnes gets a lot of points running the floor and going to a spot, Marshall got him the ball a lot. He made a few good moves tonight, but just couldn't seem to finish at the rim. Kansas' bigs caused a lot of it, but HB just has to be stronger and more aggressive at the next level.

Obviously, we'll see a mass exodus from Chapel Hill, as I expect Barnes, Henson, Marshall, and McAdoo to go pro, while Zeller is graduating.

He was completely lost without Marshall.. Barnes gets a lot of points running the floor and going to a spot, Marshall got him the ball a lot. He made a few good moves tonight, but just couldn't seem to finish at the rim. Kansas' bigs caused a lot of it, but HB just has to be stronger and more aggressive at the next level.

Obviously, we'll see a mass exodus from Chapel Hill, as I expect Barnes, Henson, Marshall, and McAdoo to go pro, while Zeller is graduating.

You now expect McAdoo to go pro?

I have been completely unimpressed with Barnes. He shows flashes, but he just doesn't seem to have "it". Yesterday was his day to take over, and he just couldn't do it. I think Barnes will leave, but I don't see him being a great player at the next level.

McAdoo on the other hand, I think will be a terrific pro. The more playing time he gets, the better he plays.

I have been completely unimpressed with Barnes. He shows flashes, but he just doesn't seem to have "it". Yesterday was his day to take over, and he just couldn't do it. I think Barnes will leave, but I don't see him being a great player at the next level.

McAdoo on the other hand, I think will be a terrific pro. The more playing time he gets, the better he plays.

Barnes is a matchup nightmare. He is unguardable..WHEN HE WANTS TO BE.

His mid range game is great, which is something so few have anymore.

He really can do it all.

The problem is, does he wants it bad enough? As you said, he seems to lack "it".

I know Marshall was important to him but the fact is he is a top 5 draft pick and when going up against a team like Ohio, he should dominate, whether Marshall is there or not.

I think he could be a beast in the NBA if he decides that he really wants to be one. If not, he will be another failed top 5 pick that should have been a lot better than he was.

Archived