Jai Miller - 4th Outfielder?

Slappy

I seriously doubt he'll make the team, but I wouldn't say it's over at this point.

I've got to say, a lineup with Davis, Reynolds, Betemit, Miller and Jones would be just unbelievably whiff-prone. Heck, Jones looks like Vlad compared to the other four.

Yeah, the K's are getting ridiculous even for my patience at this point. I can't believe he took three straight called strikes today.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't basing it on todays game. I like his power and athleticism, but the SO's at this point are ridiculous. He makes Jones look like he has the patience of Job.

Well, he had like a 90+ point BA/OBP sep last year in the minors, so I would asssume he had some decent plate discipline similar to Reynolds. Today he took three straight called strikes. That's not good.

Yeah, the K's are getting ridiculous even for my patience at this point. I can't believe he took three straight called strikes today.

Taking called strikes is such an indication a guy isn't feeling right at the plate. Not recognizing pitches (to his comfort level), and no confidence. You see it a lot in cold streaks, but guys have to know how to push through them, and know that staring at called 3rd strikes isn't going to work.

Did one of the reporters say that, or are you going by GameDay? Remember, GameDay doesn't track pitches during spring training. All strikeouts are labeled as 3-pitch ABs (and if a batter takes a called third strike, then all the pitches are labeled as called strikes, even though it isn't actually the case).

Did one of the reporters say that, or are you going by GameDay? Remember, GameDay doesn't track pitches during spring training. All strikeouts are labeled as 3-pitch ABs (and if a batter takes a called third strike, then all the pitches are labeled as called strikes, even though it isn't actually the case).

Gameday and I did not know that. I only trakced one AB out of curiosity. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a note -- Jai Miller is tied for 2nd in all of MLB in strikeouts this spring, despite having only 34 at bats. The K leader is Adam Loewen -- 20 K's in 38 at bats.

Potential Cy Young award winner? We always let our best pitchers get away!

Oh. Wait.

Archived