D'Backs Trade Quentin To White Sox For Chris Carter

ChaosLex

This kinda annoys me...with Milledge being traded for a fairly weak package and Quentin being traded for a good first base prospect that is still a couple years away makes me think we could have filled our holes in CF and LF for a very reasonable price and still have had our bigger pieces in Bedard/Tejada/Roberts to trade. I feel we wasted an opportunity.

This kinda annoys me...with Milledge being traded for a fairly weak package and Quentin being traded for a good first base prospect that is still a couple years away makes me think we could have filled our holes in CF and LF for a very reasonable price and still have had our bigger pieces in Bedard/Tejada/Roberts to trade. I feel we wasted an opportunity.

Carter is similar to Brandon Snyder but has put up better numbers. I have to wonder if we could have gotten Quentin for Snyder and a 10-15 type prospect. And if we could have, would it have been worth it? Quentin is 25, so not super young but not old either. He is coming off an injury.

Carter is similar to Brandon Snyder but has put up better numbers. I have to wonder if we could have gotten Quentin for Snyder and a 10-15 type prospect. And if we could have, would it have been worth it? Quentin is 25, so not super young but not old either. He is coming off an injury.

Either way, I think we could of beat that offer pretty easily.

Quentin's a bit older, but he has produced at every level he has played so it isn't a case of a guy performing well in leagues where he was older than the rest of the competition. Plus, it is very likely that his injury contributed to his poor year.

Who all is representing the O's at the Winter Meetings? I ask because we are obviously spending time talking to teams about Tejada and Bedard. I'm sure we're listening to offers for other players as well. Is it reasonable to expect our FO to be on top of every potential deal? Maybe it is, I just don't know.

It's funny though, I was talking to a coworker at lunch about guys whose teams have soured on them. Quentin's name was the first that came up. 30 minutes later the guy comes to my desk and tells me Quentin was traded.

Archived