Potential blockbuster with the Dodgers brewing

bigbird

Read into this as little or as much as you want. I was told we are working on a deal that would send Tejada, Bedard and maybe Payton to the Dodgers for a package that would include Kemp, LaRoche, Hu, Billingsley, and Broxton. We will also take on Pierre.

I personally can;t see this happening. That's a lot from one team to give up. I'll update if I hear more.

Billingsley? Wow, is he included because we are taking on Pierre?

Thought he was pretty much untouchable even if we took Pierre.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that happened I would crap my self, granted I have been doing that all day.:D

That deal makes a lot of sense though:

Orioles give up: SS Miguel Tejada, SP Erik Bedard, OF Jay Payton

Dodgers give up: OF Juan Pierre, OF Matt Kemp, 3B LaRoche, SS Hu, SP Billingsley, RP Broxton

I am surprised it is Billingsley over Kershaw. Though honestly, taking back Juan Pierre has to be a big part of the reason this thing would happen with so many prospects.

If we got LaRoche, that means that Mora is gone.

Most of you all will think I am nuts, but these thoughts crossed my mind.

I am not so sure we should be dealing both our top chips (EB, Miggy) to the same team.

This deal looks good on paper. But, it (5 Dodger prospects) could be "fools gold".

What I mean by that:

Take a snapshot at any teams "hot prospects of the day" or top 10 prospect list at any given time (BP, BA, whatever source) in years past and tell me when/where a good percentage of them actually did pan out ?

Statistically, wouldn't our chances increase by handpicking a couple from two different organizations rather than a boatload from one team ? It is obvious that we are making the deal with the hope that all of these guys will pan out. But, that isn't realistic.

Just a thought. :o

Interesting:

Broxton - Closer

Billingsley - Long relief or starter?

Hu - SS

Kemp - Throw him in Left Field?

Laroche - 3B

Pierre - CF, basically 2K8's Patterson

With that being said, if this is done (BIG IF), this would be huge. Then if we can drop Mora, or at the very least throw him into a super utility role, and get rid of Gibbons, we're getting somewhere!

Billingsley would be our ace.

Interesting:

Broxton - Closer

Billingsley - Long relief or starter?

Hu - SS

Kemp - Throw him in Left Field?

Laroche - 3B

Pierre - CF, basically 2K8's Patterson

With that being said, if this is done (BIG IF), this would be huge. Then if we can drop Mora, or at the very least throw him into a super utility role, and get rid of Gibbons, we're getting somewhere!

Billingsley is a STARTER

Just curious if people think that if we somehow pulled this off, are we immediately a better team in '08 then we were in '07?

At least I think more interesting...

Yes, this makes us a better team in 08. There will be some bumps, but I think this team can finish in 5th place with more wins than last year.

Woowee, that makes my dinner taste good. A 67 y.o. manager didn't move from one coast to the other coast to replay the Dodgers' previous season & wait til 2009 or 2010. He wants to show Hank 'n Hal this year. The future is NOW.

And Mark Hendrickson is their only ML LH starter. Yuk.

Andy McPhail & Harry Dalton.

Archived