BOLD Predictions

SilentJames

Just for the record, the WS had a bad April and September. 3/4 of the other months they were above .500 and the one month they weren't above .500 they were 12-12.

When we took 3/4 games from them in April or May last year they looked like a team that would lose 100 games, and then they came close to breaking .500.

They are far from one of the worst teams in baseball unless they have some huge injuries. Add to that Adam Dunn was a complete non-factor last year and has had a good spring.

Age, Konerko and Aj are both 36 this season and you have to figure that it is going to come back and get them sooner or later. Gordon Beckham has been a complete disappointment at second base. Alex Rios is pretty lackluster. They have already been trying to trade their two best pitchers. I get the feeling that they will limp along for the first half of the season and depending how far off they are I think they go into rebuild mode. I think they trade away Denks, Floyd and Konreko by the all-star break.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-One O's pitcher will win 13 games

- 4 Orioles hit at least 30 hr's

-Jim Johnson struggles as the closer

-Wada eventually becomes the closer

-Chen has a season like Britton last year

-Britton misses 4 months from injury

-Matusz does well and holds his own for a rotation spot and has an up and down season and wins 10 games

- A big trade will go down at the deadline, and I am not talking a Dana Eveland or 6 year minor leaguer type deal.

- The O's win 77 games

-Pittsburgh just misses the extra wildcard same with KC

-The Nats will MISS the playoffs, they will have a Indians year like last year

-Rays win the division, Yankees and Blue Jays are the wild card.

-Detroit wins the Central, Angels in the West

NL goes Philly, DBacks, Brewers, Marlins(WC) Giants (WC).

Detroit over NYY in AlCS

Marlins over Philly in NLCS

World Series: Detroit over Miami in 5

Jose Batista and Matt Kemp win MVP

O's reach .500

Jones has big year, is traded to WAS or ATL at deadline

Chavez and Reimold platoon in LF

Davis is replaced by a combination of Johnson, Reynolds, and Flaherty at 1B

Nick hits 20+HR

Reynolds defense is greatly improved, not far below league average

Wieters has best offensive year so far, .800 + OPS , is AS starting C.

Hardy hits 25+ HR is AS SS

Andino has .340+ OBP, is a + 5 UZR 2B

Hammel and Hunter are the O's top two SP

TOR finishes above one of BOS or MFY

TB goes to the WS

One of Markakis, Jones, or Wieters will miss 50+ games this year.

At least one member of the opening day rotation will throw fewer than 50 MLB innings in 2012.

Nick Johnson turns into Willie Randolph, hitting .281/.376/.342. In 72 games.

Dana Eveland still makes a half dozen starts for the Orioles this year.

Pat Neshek leads the team in saves with 14.

Wada throws 120 innings, 30 relief appearances, 10 starts, 3.45 ERA.

Chen, Wada, and Flaherty all get one vote for ROY.

The O's team ERA gets 0.75 better than last year.

O's reach .500

Jones has big year, is traded to WAS or ATL at deadline

Chavez and Reimold platoon in LF

Davis is replaced by a combination of Johnson, Reynolds, and Flaherty at 1B

Nick hits 20+HR

Reynolds defense is greatly improved, not far below league average

Wieters has best offensive year so far, .800 OPS +, is AS starting C.

Hardy hits 25+ HR is AS SS

Andino has .340+ OBP, is a + 5 UZR 2B

Hammel and Hunter are the O's top two SP

TOR finishes above one of BOS or MFY

TB goes to the WS

Do you think it's because TOR has gotten that much better or one of those team's is simply primed for a collapse?

I wager it's because the Sox are a freaking train-wreck mess of a team right now. Rotation in shambles, Crawford's bum wrist, Bobby V is a clown, etc. Of course, they still have the talent to make the playoffs, but if there's ever a time for the Jays to jump the Sox, it's this year.

Yea this, and because I know the Yanks will hurt with the Pineda (sp. sorry) thing but I keep forgetting Pettit came back.

1) Kevin Gregg is released by May 15th

2) Orioles flirt with .500 through August, win 75 games

3) Orioles announce the are accepting offers for team/MASN.....then announce they have decided not to sell several months later

4) #3 sends my life into a tailspin from which I don't recover until I am on a yet undetermined A&E television program

1) Kevin Gregg is released by May 15th

2) Orioles flirt with .500 through August, win 75 games

3) Orioles announce the are accepting offers for team/MASN.....then announce they have decided not to sell several months later

4) #3 sends my life into a tailspin from which I don't recover until I am on a yet undetermined A&E television program

LOL, hilarious:) Your future self should seek help.

Do you think it's because TOR has gotten that much better or one of those team's is simply primed for a collapse?
One and maybe both will fall back. BOS more likely than NYC. Beckett has thumb injury, Bucholtz and Lester, have struggled a bit, Bard, Aceves, etc. leaves their rotation thin, Bailey has shoulder issues, no real SS, Crawford with injury,Bobby V a loose cannon, FO disfunction.

One and maybe both will fall back. BOS more likely than NYC. Beckett has thumb injury, Bucholtz and Lester, have struggled a bit, Bard, Aceves, etc. leaves their rotation thin, Bailey has shoulder issues, no real SS, Crawford with injury,Bobby V a loose cannon, FO disfunction.

Plus, the Yankees are fricken old. No seriously, they are.

I'd really like to see Boston, New York, Toronto, and Tampa all finish with 88 wins, with the O's only 14 games out of first. If the O's are destined for 5th place at least fate can make things bizarre and interesting in other ways.

Archived