Orioles Announce New Maryland License Plates

Oriology

I saw my first O's tag yesterday. #0006 was on a car down in whitemarsh. I believe it was an Accord.

Looks good. I need to fax my application up.

That must be someone who works for the Orioles. Today, I was told that they were overwhelmed by the number of requests, and they hope to send the applications to MVA by the end of the week. Add 8-10 weeks after that to get your plates in the mail from the MVA.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw my first O's tag yesterday. #0006 was on a car down in whitemarsh. I believe it was an Accord.

Looks good. I need to fax my application up.

That must be someone who works for the Orioles.

Melvin Mora? Paul Blair? They don't work for the team but I wonder if former players get a chance to put in for one of these plates.

Love the Andino one and the complacent Reynolds made me lol. Since I'm not in MD I'll stick with license plate frames. Anyone know of newer cartoon bird ones? I currently have this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PR0GCE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Here's one for out-of-staters that don't use a front plate:

http://www.championsondisplay.com/p-172993-baltimore-orioles-official-12x6-mlb-license-plate.aspx

I think they plan to auction off some more, like 1966, 1970, and 1983. 2632 is certainly a good one.

I wanted that 0020 plate, but there's a lot I can do with $600. I'll probably just get my $75 Orioles [insert number here] plate and find something else to do with the other $525.

I imagine 2131 would be a good one also. That was Cal's nite and the official record breaking game.

Melvin Mora? Paul Blair? They don't work for the team but I wonder if former players get a chance to put in for one of these plates.

It wasn't Mora or his wife ;)

I was surprised to see it. Definitely wasn't a HOF Cal one...because I did a double take when I saw the bird....

It wasn't Mora or his wife ;)

I was surprised to see it. Definitely wasn't a HOF Cal one...because I did a double take when I saw the bird....

Maybe someone put one of the schedule magnet Bird heads on their plate to make it look like the new plates???

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my plates today. I faxed in my application probably within a day or so of this thread being posted. Got #0107. I wonder if there's anything Oriole-related about that number. Cal Sr. was 07, maybe I can go with that.

Finally got my plates today. I faxed in my application probably within a day or so of this thread being posted. Got #0107. I wonder if there's anything Oriole-related about that number. Cal Sr. was 07, maybe I can go with that.

1+7= 8

There it is.

I still haven't received mine... My app went in a long time ago... The O's say that on their list. Wondering if the MVA dropped the ball. Ugh

Archived