Jim Duquette's comments on the orioles this morning.

atomic

I love how people quote the "experts" as if their opinions will always end up being reality.

Why aren't these experts on yachts kicking it somewhere in the Caribbean??

Their love of the game must keep them on ESPN/MLB/etc payroll...:rolleyes:

Well I think if you dont' believe that there are experts than why have scouts at all?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I think if you dont' believe that there are experts than why have scouts at all?

You don't read very well for being college educated. It's not the experts I have a problem with. They are going to get many things wrong and that's a fact. It's you presenting their opinions as fact that I have a problem with. Comprendo?

You don't read very well for being college educated. It's not the experts I have a problem with. They are going to get many things wrong and that's a fact. It's you presenting their opinions as fact that I have a problem with. Comprendo?

Comprendo means I (you) understand; (comprende? translates to you understand - meaning atomic) - FYI.

He's a nice guy who covers another team now. Why is he on the air in Baltimore? I think the stations think he's going to give them inside information for obvious reasons. I heard the interview with him and quite frankly I don't think he knows very much about our pitchers and the Reynolds comments sounded like they were coming from someone who doesn't follow the game closely. I am actually surprised everytime I hear him interviewed on 105.7. It's a complete waste of time. I can pick at least six on OH I would rather hear interviewed than JD and Tony would offer a lot more than most interviewed about the Orioles. I think everyone is going to be surprised how improved our pitching is going to be. Our hitting is also better than the writers are saying.

I'm glad Trea found a successor for his brand of negativity.

Trea wasn't nearly this negative. He hated on MacPhail something fierce and blamed everything from world hunger to the Peloponnesian War on him. But at his core he was as much a rose-colored lollipopper as anyone. He's the one who fervently believed that this mess of an organization was one big free agent from contention. atomic probably thinks signing Prince Fielder would result in the O's winning 60 games.

Not worthy of a thread, but semi related to this one...I was listening to Mike and Mike on the radio on the way into work yesterday morning and they were talking to someone about their predictions for the season (can't remember who specifically, might have been Kruk).

Anyway, Greenberg was like (paraphrasing) "Obviously the Yankees are going to be good, so are the Sox, but a lot of people love the Jays this year and Tampa is always tough, it's going to be a dogfight in that division, who do you like coming out on top?"

Not even a mention of the Orioles. Not even a snarky comment like "...and obviously Baltimore has no chance," or "And the Orioles are the AL East punching bag."

Nope, not even a mention. If you had no idea about MLB baseball at all and had listened to that segment, you would be under the impression that there are only 4 teams in the American League East.

I think that's how far the've fallen off the national radar. They made a slight blip on game 162 last year, but that's about it.

Not worthy of a thread, but semi related to this one...I was listening to Mike and Mike on the radio on the way into work yesterday morning and they were talking to someone about their predictions for the season (can't remember who specifically, might have been Kruk).

Anyway, Greenberg was like (paraphrasing) "Obviously the Yankees are going to be good, so are the Sox, but a lot of people love the Jays this year and Tampa is always tough, it's going to be a dogfight in that division, who do you like coming out on top?"

Not even a mention of the Orioles. Not even a snarky comment like "...and obviously Baltimore has no chance," or "And the Orioles are the AL East punching bag."

Nope, not even a mention. If you had no idea about MLB baseball at all and had listened to that segment, you would be under the impression that there are only 4 teams in the American League East.

I think that's how far the've fallen off the national radar. They made a slight blip on game 162 last year, but that's about it.

To be fair.. Mike Greenberg actually has some affinity for the Orioles. Which may be why he chose not to comment. Last year coming into the season after the last 3 months of 2010, there was some baseball analysts speculating the Orioles might be a player in the 2011 season. During a similar interview when some of those thoughts were expressed Greenberg said (paraphrasing)

"Baseball is much better when the Orioles are good."

Any chance at all of you guys ignoring posters like this or do you just need something to do? If it's the latter, start thinking about your next 3 team deal. :)

Ignore me because I posted what someone said on the Radio. Maybe you guys should find another team to support.

Ignore me because I posted what someone said on the Radio. Maybe you guys should find another team to support.

It's general comments like this that makes you no friends around here. I'm a firm believer that you can have any opinion you want around here, but your attitude towards others is what will have you reap what you sow.

That is sad. Stuff like that, ticks me off to no end. Like you said, not even a snarky comment. At least say something to let people know we exist. That's alright. Things will change this year. John "One Nut(yeah, that kind of "nut") Kruk and all the other "experts" will change their tune this year.

FEEL THE WRATH OF SHOWALTER!!!

Archived