Machado Homers on 1st pitch he sees in AA!

Tony-OH

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you guys keep putting actual content out via your twitter account I will be forced to follow you.

The ballpark looks like OPACY in August when the Royals are in town.

We will put out actual content. For instance, tomorrow.

Bascom is having a solid night, too. 4 IP so far, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 K. Does he have any kind of shot at all? Seems like he's been in our system forever.

He put up good numbers last year and if he keeps pitching like this I'll have to relook him. He has underwhelming stuff, but he knows how to pitch.

Bascom is having a solid night, too. 4 IP so far, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 K. Does he have any kind of shot at all? Seems like he's been in our system forever.

I would agree with others that his chances are slim. But on the positive side, against the two rehabbing major league batters that he faced last night (Ankiel and Morse) he got 4K's, 1BB and 1GO. Not too shabby.

For Manny...He had a great debut offensively and defensively. May have saved a run on one play by extending to stop a grounder holding a runner at 3rd. Showed good range on another play as well. He did have a stumble/fall on a relay from the OF as his feet got tangled handling the awkward bounce. At the plate, he looked real sharp, making solid contact in every at bat (outside of the K obviously). That was my first live look at him and I was very impressed.

ETA: I didn't see allstars comments in the Baysox Opening Night thread when I posted this, but he gives a much better analysis.

I would agree with others that his chances are slim. But on the positive side, against the two rehabbing major league batters that he faced last night (Ankiel and Morse) he got 4K's, 1BB and 1GO. Not too shabby.

For Manny...He had a great debut offensively and defensively. May have saved a run on one play by extending to stop a grounder holding a runner at 3rd. Showed good range on another play as well. He did have a stumble/fall on a relay from the OF as his feet got tangled handling the awkward bounce. At the plate, he looked real sharp, making solid contact in every at bat (outside of the K obviously). That was my first live look at him and I was very impressed.

ETA: I didn't see allstars comments in the Baysox Opening Night thread when I posted this, but he gives a much better analysis.

Nah yours is pretty good too, I had to leave by the 5th so I missed some stuff later. It was real impromptu, but I had to get home and put the kids to bed. I just wanted to get a peek at them.

Nah yours is pretty good too, I had to leave by the 5th so I missed some stuff later. It was real impromptu, but I had to get home and put the kids to bed. I just wanted to get a peek at them.

Not to derail but any impressions of Tyler Townsend and Cal Joseph?

Not to derail but any impressions of Tyler Townsend and Cal Joseph?

Townsend has a great batting eye. He's a lot smaller than I thought he was, he's like tiny for a 1B, but I digress. He's got a good load and swing, and did a GREAT job identifying pitches and staying away from chasing balls just outside. Only got to see a couple AB but I liked the basics I saw.

Joseph is an org. catcher MAYBE a Whiteside like backup, but he knows how to call a game and handle a pitching staff, and he works REALLY well with the younger guys especially. I'm sure that is why he is at AA, because it's such an important development level, you want to have a good catcher to work with the kids. He's also a really good guy on a sidenote.

Wow....just noticed that Townsend walked last night. I guess that puts him at around 10% to his walk total for the year! :D

I'd be shocked by that, for a guy that doesn't usually walk much, either he REALLY worked on it this offseason, or something else is off, because he did a really good job of recognizing a breaking ball that was going to drop low, and seeing that he was going to miss high with a FB and then just low with a FB. He got behind early and then worked the count for a BB, did a really good job. Second AB he did a real good job laying off a low curve and then recognizing two low FB as well. He was the anti-Mike Morse for sure.

Townsend has a great batting eye. He's a lot smaller than I thought he was, he's like tiny for a 1B, but I digress. He's got a good load and swing, and did a GREAT job identifying pitches and staying away from chasing balls just outside. Only got to see a couple AB but I liked the basics I saw.

Joseph is an org. catcher MAYBE a Whiteside like backup, but he knows how to call a game and handle a pitching staff, and he works REALLY well with the younger guys especially. I'm sure that is why he is at AA, because it's such an important development level, you want to have a good catcher to work with the kids. He's also a really good guy on a sidenote.

I'd be shocked by that, for a guy that doesn't usually walk much, either he REALLY worked on it this offseason, or something else is off, because he did a really good job of recognizing a breaking ball that was going to drop low, and seeing that he was going to miss high with a FB and then just low with a FB. He got behind early and then worked the count for a BB, did a really good job. Second AB he did a real good job laying off a low curve and then recognizing two low FB as well. He was the anti-Mike Morse for sure.

Thanks! Now back to the "Man" love....

Archived