Complete List of Players Not Assigned to a Team

Oldorioles

Now that the official minor league team rosters are out, I thought it would be good to list the players not found on any of these rosters (excluding Aberdeen, GCL, and DSL). Most of these guys are prbably in extended camp, some are injured, others may be cut. This way we can keep track of them. Chime in if you have any news on any of them.

I've updated this list to include all players who played a majority of their games on a full-season squad last year but are not listed on the rosters (Or DLs) of any full-season teams this year. Any news or updates would be appreciated...

Rowell - Converting to become a pitcher at Extended Spring Training (EST)

Palsha - no room for him

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Must spread rep."

Interesting list. You'd think that Lambert, Baker, Bumbry, Berry, and Bywater will be assigned somewhere. Blake Davis situation sucks, but with Antonelli and Tolleson in Norfolk and Machado and Schoop in Bowie, there really isn't much room. O's should release him and let him find another team.

1. Welty is now on Frederick roster.

2. Scott Thomas is on Frederick roster

3. Josh Johnson is in Extended Spring Training.

4. Ryan Berry is spendeing a few extra days in extended Spring training.

5. Rosa is in extended Spring working on utility position.

6. Gallarraga was released yesterday.

7. David Baker missed 2 weeks of spring training and is in extended until he is fully steretched out.

8. Luis Noel will be in the extend program in Boca Chica.

9. Casey Lambert DL / elbow

10. Steven Bumbry in extended ( Wrist Sprain ) Missed almost all of spring training.

1. Welty is now on Frederick roster.

2. Scott Thomas is on Frederick roster

3. Josh Johnson is in Extended Spring Training.

4. Ryan Berry is spendeing a few extra days in extended Spring training.

5. Rosa is in extended Spring working on utility position.

6. Gallarraga was released yesterday.

7. David Baker missed 2 weeks of spring training and is in extended until he is fully steretched out.

8. Luis Noel will be in the extend program in Boca Chica.

9. Casey Lambert DL / elbow

10. Steven Bumbry in extended ( Wrist Sprain ) Missed almost all of spring training.

Not to belabor Doc since it has been discussed so much but if you do hear that Rowell is definitely working somewhere on the conversion to pitcher - would love to hear it. Thanks for all the other info 24/7! :clap3:

Anyone seen these guys?

RP Kyler Newby

RP Kenneth Sigman

RP Casey Fossum

RP Matthew Bywater

RP Bobby Wilkins

RP Winston Abreu

RP Greg Burke

RP Nick Haughian

C Joel Polanco

C Justin Dalles

C Jason Stifler

IF Josh Barfield

IF Blake Davis

IF Carlos Rojas

IF Tyler Kolodny

IF Joseph Velleggia

Anyone seen these guys?

RP Kyler Newby

RP Kenneth Sigman

RP Casey Fossum

RP Matthew Bywater

RP Bobby Wilkins

RP Winston Abreu

RP Greg Burke

RP Nick Haughian

C Joel Polanco

C Justin Dalles

C Jason Stifler

IF Josh Barfield

IF Blake Davis

IF Carlos Rojas

IF Tyler Kolodny

IF Joseph Velleggia

Justin Dalles, Jason Stifler, Tyler Kolodny and Nick Haugian are all in Frederick, met them yesterday at the meet the team thing before the game. I believe they are all on the DL.

OK, I've updated the OP. There are now 23 players who are in the O's system and played a majorty of their games on a full-season team last year yet are not found on a roster or official DL this year. thanks to Doc, we know several players (J. Johnson, R. Berry, D. Baker, Noel, and Rosa) are in extended spring training. More probably are as well and are just not confirmed yet. Several others (Lambert, Kolodny, Dalles, Haughian, Stifler) have been rumored to be on the DL but are not listed on any team's DL right now.

ET- I'm guessing Sigman and Wilkins will be on a ss club. As for Velleggia, I'm not sure. He was listed on Delmarva's roster until the night before the first game. Looks like he was in a numbers crunch and lost out to them wanting three catchers and, for some reason, wanting to promote Narron. Velleggia was a long shot but he did with the award for most outstanding Ironbird hitter last year and certainly deserved to make the Delmarva squad. Perhaps he's injured??

IF Carlos Rojas

C Joel Polanco

I saw both of these players in Bowie Opening Night Thursday' date=' in uniform, also yesterday ( Sunday) in the Diamond View Restaurant.

Niether one is listed on the roster.[/quote']

A big Thank You to you and Jarman for contributing where several of these players have been seen. I've updated the OP.

Archived