JAKE Today

OFFNY

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we lose this, which we most likely will, this might be the most disappointing game of the year. Going against an ace, Jake is looking nasty and rolling, we get acouple runs and that looks like that might be all we need and then we implode. Plenty of time to score and win this game but the game just went from being super encouraging to possibly super discouraging.

I still feel like Jake gives us the best chance to win. He lost focus tonight for sure and I do like what I see from Hammel lately, but Jakes stuff is nasty. Gordo nailed it on another thread when he said Jake reverted back to the problems he had in ST pitching out of the stretch. Torii Hunter is not a stolen base threat, he's posturing over there. Work the hitter. He gets too preoccupied with guys on and forgets he has aGG defender behind the dish.

I think he puts it behind him and bounces back though.

I still feel like Jake gives us the best chance to win. He lost focus tonight for sure and I do like what I see from Hammel lately, but Jakes stuff is nasty. Gordo nailed it on another thread when he said Jake reverted back to the problems he had in ST pitching out of the stretch. Torii Hunter is not a stolen base threat, he's posturing over there. Work the hitter. He gets too preoccupied with guys on and forgets he has a GG defender behind the dish.

I think he puts it behind him and bounces back though.

How do you delete posts?

This team will soon drop fast in the standings if Arrieta and Matusz do not step it up a notch and become big league pitchers. I am more worried about Arrieta than Matusz. Arrieta is a mess right now and seems to be getting worse. At least Matusz is making steps with each outing. Of course, our poor offensive approach tonight did not help matters, but Arrieta needs to get it together.

Archived