JAKE Today

OFFNY

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have confidence in Jake put he seems to be regressing. Tonight wasnt a disaster but he didnt give us much of a chance considering how bad oakland is offensively and how good their pitching is.

I think he'll get his mojo back though

Considering how little Jake had tonight, I'm not upset with his line. He didn't have his good fastball. He struggled with his mechanics. He started 11 of the first 12 hitters out with ball one. He got under the ball about 1 in 4 pitches. His change was awful. His curve was decent but he struggled to throw it for strikes with any consistency. Only the cutter/slider was pretty good. With all that, he went 5.2 with 4 ER.

It wasn't a great or even good start, but he kept us in the game and didn't use the pen up. I'll take it.

Hopefully the stuff is more crisp the next time out. Otherwise, I'll get worried about the elbow again.

This.

And the last outing, to my layman eyes, it looked like he had electric stuff until the meltdown inning. Hopefully tonight, was just a night without his best stuff (which he pitched through) and he can bounce back to where he was in his previous outings....

Considering how little Jake had tonight, I'm not upset with his line. He didn't have his good fastball. He struggled with his mechanics. He started 11 of the first 12 hitters out with ball one. He got under the ball about 1 in 4 pitches. His change was awful. His curve was decent but he struggled to throw it for strikes with any consistency. Only the cutter/slider was pretty good. With all that, he went 5.2 with 4 ER.

It wasn't a great or even good start, but he kept us in the game and didn't use the pen up. I'll take it.

Hopefully the stuff is more crisp the next time out. Otherwise, I'll get worried about the elbow again.

Exactly, his stuff was not on at all tonight. From the beginning you could tell he did not have his command. It sucks but at least he kept us in the game.

I still feel like Jake gives the team the best chance to win. I'm feeling less that way today because he's up against Weaver and Johnson is batting sixth for us. I understand Nolan has the neck stiffness, but does Buck really need to bat Nick Johnson sixth? How bout moving Davis up for one game? He's been swinging it pretty well.

And when he pitches like he did tonight I feel vindicated. And thankfully a few games later Davis was moved up in the order.

I still feel like Jake gives us the best chance to win. He lost focus tonight for sure and I do like what I see from Hammel lately, but Jake's stuff is nasty. Gordo nailed it on another thread when he said Jake reverted back to the problems he had in ST pitching out of the stretch. Torii Hunter is not a stolen base threat, he's posturing over there. Work the hitter. He gets too preoccupied with guys on and forgets he has a GG defender behind the dish.

I think he puts it behind him and bounces back though.

I didn't see him with this problem tonight. He still needs to make more use of the changeup but his pitches were crisper and working ahead makes it really tough on opposing hitters.

JAKE ARRIETA O (vs. RANGERS May 8th)

IP:O 6.33

H:o. 9

R:O. 6

BB:. 1

SO:. 3

Pitches: 97 (62 Strikes, 35 Balls)

2012 ERA: 4.23

(BY INNINGS)

8 *

* Pitched 1/3 of an inning in the 7th

Jake is even kinda old and never really shown us what he can do on a constant basis. He is sooo frustrating to watch sometimes. With guys like Eveland you expect some problems. Arrieta is a guy you expect big things from. So far is career has be just kinda................meh.

JAKE ARRIETA O

IP:O 3.67

H:o. 10

R:O. 7

BB:. 2

SO:. 6

Pitches: 79 (50 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2012 ERA: 5.21

(JAKE BY INNINGS)

21 * Jake got 2 outs in the 4th inning.

Archived