JAKE Today

OFFNY

I have never heard of a 2 seam fastball that is significantly harder then the same pitcher's 4 seam fastball.

Maybe you have a better idea of what he's throwing if not the four seamer. I didn't think he had a cutter. Whatever it is doesn't have the same velocity as his FB and it's not the change. The point of the post was that he needs to focus on location with the FB.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never heard of a 2 seam fastball that is significantly harder then the same pitcher's 4 seam fastball.
Maybe you have a better idea of what he's throwing if not the four seamer. I didn't think he had a cutter. Whatever it is doesn't have the same velocity as his FB and it's not the change. The point of the post was that he needs to focus on location with the FB.

Here is his repertoire: http://www.brooksbaseball.net/player_cards/player_card.php?player=453562#tab1

It appears his 4-seamer and 2-seamer (sinker) both lost .4 MPH this month. Both are still consistently around 94, though. I'm guessing the 91 pitch is just a bad slider, but who knows?

Here is his repertoire: http://www.brooksbaseball.net/player_cards/player_card.php?player=453562#tab1

It appears his 4-seamer and 2-seamer (sinker) both lost .4 MPH this month. Both are still consistently around 94, though. I'm guessing the 91 pitch is just a bad slider, but who knows?

Must spread rep, but thx for the info. Might be the sinker our like you say the slider flattening out.

BOSTON RED SOX O(May 23rd)

Mike Aviles - SS

Dustin Pedroia - 2B

David Ortiz - DH

Adrian Gonzalez - RF

Kevin Youkilis - 1B

Will Middlebrooks - 3B

Daniel Nava - LF

Scott Podsednik - CF

Kelly Shoppach - C

JAKE ARRIETA O(vs. RED SOX May 23rd)

IP:O 5.67

H:o. 8

R:O. 4

BB:. 3

SO:. 2

Pitches: 98 (58 Strikes, 40 Balls) *

2012 ERA: 4.87

JAKE BY INNINGS

15 * Arrieta got 2 outs before departing in the 6th inning.

Very odd game for Jake today. I was ready to strangle him after he coughed up the lead twice in the 2nd and 3rd innings, throwing 50 pitches in 2 innings in the process and getitng pretty lucky to escape with 2 runs. Then he dominates for 8 batters, almost getting through 6 with just the two runs. But, he allows a 2-out homer and then a single that scores after he left the game, and his final line is 5.2 IP, 4 ER.

I just don't know what to make of Jake right now. I'm very frustrated with him, moreson than any other pitcher on our staff.

He should be better. He's got to be better. He just could not throw strikes consistently. I have to wonder how much Exposito behind the plate affected him. Anyone have the O's record with Expo behind the plate? Just wondering.

I feel like we've given the Red Sox this game and it makes me sick inside.

Very odd game for Jake today. I was ready to strangle him after he coughed up the lead twice in the 2nd and 3rd innings, throwing 50 pitches in 2 innings in the process and getitng pretty lucky to escape with 2 runs. Then he dominates for 8 batters, almost getting through 6 with just the two runs. But, he allows a 2-out homer and then a single that scores after he left the game, and his final line is 5.2 IP, 4 ER.

I just don't know what to make of Jake right now. I'm very frustrated with him, moreson than any other pitcher on our staff.

I agree with and approve of this post 100%. Arrieta is almost as frustrating as Daniel Cabrera.

I agree with and approve of this post 100%. Arrieta is almost as frustrating as Daniel Cabrera.

To me, Arrieta is more frustrating, because DCab's lack of command was so blatant that I never understood why so many around here thought he would ever be a consistent pitcher. My expectations for Arrieta are higher, and his command issues are more subtle, therefore I find him more frustrating.

Archived