Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He throws the ball over the plate and lets the defense do their job.

It helps that he's facing the crappiest lineup this side of San Diego. I think some of the better hitting AL teams will turn those 6 hits he gave up into 10 or 11 and even if he pitches as well as he does tonight, his line will be more like 6 innings, 4 runs. But he's a horse, and is perfectly fine if you don't expect much more than 4th starter numbers out of him.

Tommy Hunter rules. He's not gonna blow hitters away, but he pounds the zone and locates where they are forced to hit it weakly. Just throw the ball over the plate and let your defense do the work.
He throws the ball over the plate and lets the defense do their job.

It helps that he's facing the crappiest lineup this side of San Diego. I think some of the better hitting AL teams will turn those 6 hits he gave up into 10 or 11 and even if he pitches as well as he does tonight, his line will be more like 6 innings, 4 runs. But he's a horse, and is perfectly fine if you don't expect much more than 4th starter numbers out of him.

Remember this, guys ??? :)

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/113534-Tommy-Hunter-Throwin-Strikes

Tommy "Throwin' Strikes" Hunter. :cool:

Jim Palmer said he did not throw a change up or a curve ball until the 7th inning.

I think Palmer said he didn't throw a changeup and a curveball in the same at-bat until the 7th inning. According to MLB GameDay, he threw a few changeups and curves before the 7th.

I think Palmer said he didn't throw a changeup and a curveball in the same at-bat until the 7th inning. According to MLB GameDay, he threw a few changeups and curves before the 7th.

Thank you for clarifying that. It make sense.

Hard to tell with Hunter. He has so many pitches. I thought the threw a couple curves, but they acted more like sliders. His cutter can look like a changeup if he takes off enough speed.

Archived