Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You also never know exactly what Palmer is keeping track of. He called at least one slurve, which probably doesn't count as a curve in his book.

Yeah, I thought they looked more like sliders myself and the "changeups" may have been cutters. I just don't trust pitch fx that much, especially for a guy like Hunter who is really hard to tell. That curve he snapped off on Willingham was beauty though. According to pitch FX Hunter didn't throw sldiers the last two years but threw them heavily the two years before that............ hmmmm.

Yeah, I thought they looked more like sliders myself and the "changeups" may have been cutters. I just don't trust pitch fx that much, especially for a guy like Hunter who is really hard to tell. That curve he snapped off on Willingham was beauty though. According to pitch FX Hunter didn't throw sldiers the last two years but threw them heavily the two years before that............ hmmmm.

That curve to Willingham was stellar. He didn't move an inch, but saw it ended up right down the middle and just quietly walked back to the dugout.

Yeah i was thinking he had thrown some change ups and curveballs before that. Kind of an odd statement by Palmer that he hadn't thrown a change up and a curve in the same at bat, but yeah that clarifies it.

I heard him say twice that he hadn't thrown either one all night. Then in the 7th he comments on Hunter throwing both pitches in the same at-bat. I sure didn't see either one before the seventh. I missed the first two innings however. He did have good movement.

ps. what happened to his velocity? Wasn't he in the low/mid 90's last year? Has it been down all spring?

I heard him say twice that he hadn't thrown either one all night. Then in the 7th he comments on Hunter throwing both pitches in the same at-bat. I sure didn't see either one before the seventh. I missed the first two innings however. He did have good movement.

ps. what happened to his velocity? Wasn't he in the low/mid 90's last year? Has it been down all spring?

Yeah, his velocity was down tonight. A lot of those were cutters in the mid-upper 80's, but he had a hard time hitting 90 on his FB tonight.

These deep efforts by the starters have been awesome. The bullpen has tossed 4 innings. The Blue Jays, on the hand, has tossed 16.

In all fairness to the Blue Jays, they played 16 innings Thursday, and 12 innings tonight.

This is who you'll be facing tonight, Tommy. Let's go.

BLUE JAYS

Yunel Escobar - SS

Kelly Johnson - 2B

Jose Bautista - RF

Adam Lind - 1B

Edwin Encarnacion - DH

Eric Thames - LF

Brett Lawrie - 3B

Colby Rasmus - CF

J.P. Arencibia - C

Archived