Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see Hunter as anything more than a No. 5 and more likely a long-man out of the pen. I've never understood why he was defaulted into the rotation.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u3nazs

Because he is pitching for a team with a rotation made up of a bunch of #5 pitchers.

Maybe when Britton comes back he is the one moved to the BP, but until that happens, who is better?

Because he is pitching for a team with a rotation made up of a bunch of #5 pitchers.

Maybe when Britton comes back he is the one moved to the BP, but until that happens, who is better?

I didn't say that he shouldn't be there. I was under the impression, however, that it was a foregone conclusion that he would be there. I just don't like his stuff much. And see limited upside. Not a big deal, just a reference to the many threads during ST that assumed he'd be in the OD rotation (which he was).

If he finishes the year with an era under 4 I would be surprised. Since he’s an Oriole I will always root for him when he’s on the mound but I don’t expect him to turn into something decent just because our favorite organization traded for him. There is a reason the Rangers had no issue including him in the trade for Koji.

I didn't say that he shouldn't be there. I was under the impression, however, that it was a foregone conclusion that he would be there. I just don't like his stuff much. And see limited upside. Not a big deal, just a reference to the many threads during ST that assumed he'd be in the OD rotation (which he was).

The assumption/foregone conclusion was based on everyone's reading of what Buck thinks of him, which has been fairly obvious since at least August of last year.

If he finishes the year with an era under 4 I would be surprised. Since he’s an Oriole I will always root for him when he’s on the mound but I don’t expect him to turn into something decent just because our favorite organization traded for him. There is a reason the Rangers had no issue including him in the trade for Koji.

That's generous. I'll be surprised if it's under 5. He has a shot at a sub-4 only if they move him to the pen.

Tommy Hunter is starting to look like the pitcher he has always been. A mid range

innings eater with high ERA's and little reason to believe he will turn it around.

After his admittedly solid effort against the light hitting Twins, he has given up 15

runs in a little more than 18 innings. His pitches are flat and his command is

spotty.

Brian Matusz may not be the pitcher he appeared to be two years ago right now

but

it seems as though he is a better bet than Hunter to turn it around. A decent close

out inning by Kevin Gregg mightve given Matusz a better fate in his last outing(a 3

earned run performance into the sixth,), and that has a tendency to be a

confidence builder.

If I had to predict Id say theres more upside in Matusz in the coming weeks than

Hunter.In the very least, I see incremental improvement(you have to look closely)

and see a huge dropoff in Hunters' performance.

I agree Roy. Hunter is who we thought he was. A #5 guy. He should have done better tonight though.

I was hoping Hunter was going to look more solid than this.... Right now he definitely is pitching like a #5 guy.

We need a healthy ZB back... Move Hunter to the long man role... And let Wada and Matusz duke it out.

I dont expect to see Britton up here until maybe late this season. I think they should be careful on how they use Zach with a shoulder issue. Keep him down at AAA, if the O's are near the bottom and out of contention its not worth doing more damage to that shoulder when/if they can just shut him down early this year.

Call ups: Wada, Tillman, and Eveland if needed.

I was hoping Hunter was going to look more solid than this.... Right now he definitely is pitching like a #5 guy.

We need a healthy ZB back... Move Hunter to the long man role... And let Wada and Matusz duke it out.

I still give Hunter another start or two to turn things around. Not sure why his command has been awful, but that needs to turn around if he's going to have even #5 starter success.

I still give Hunter another start or two to turn things around. Not sure why his command has been awful, but that needs to turn around if he's going to have even #5 starter success.

People are looking to bury Hunter too quickly. Sometimes pitchers lose, sometimes pitchers get beat around a little bit. It happens to every pitcher. Three starts in Hunter has had one A, one C and an F.

In my profession that averages out a C so far. Tommy Hunter is a C-type pitcher. Back-end fodder that has the ability to throw a real solid gem once and awhile, but at the very least when he pitches he gives you better than a coin-flip's chance of winning the game.

Archived