The Cartoon Bird, Isn't It Great?

Flacco Machado

Haha. I can assure you no amount of attitude and pride will make me as imposing a figure as Eddie. The high crown just makes me look like a doofus. :laughlol:

Same for me.

As for Eddie, is the hat even touching any part of his noggin, or just his 'fro?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, 86. :) Remember when Jim Palmer had the big overhand delivery, and the row of white houses directly behind Memorial Stadium ??? THAT was a distraction. :slytf:

"This wasn't the easiest park to hit in. It was tough to hit in the daytime with those white houses back there, and at night the lights were among the worst in the league."

Harmon Killebrew, 1991

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-10-06/sports/sp-354_1_memorial-stadium-memories

Living in NYC all my life, the only times I got to see the O's on tv were against the Stankees and any game that may have been on Monday night baseball on ABC or Saturday's game of the week on NBC. I always heard about the white painted houses that Palmer pitched out of. I never been to Memorial Stadium...when there was winning baseball :(

Living in NYC all my life, the only times I got to see the O's on tv were against the Stankees and any game that may have been on Monday night baseball on ABC or Saturday's game of the week on NBC. I always heard about the white painted houses that Palmer pitched out of. I never been to Memorial Stadium...when there was winning baseball :(

I was a bit luckier. My cousin Donnie took me to one game at Memorial Stadium when I was 13 in April of 1979. We were losing 5-2 in the 9th inning. We scored 3 runs to tie it in the bottom of the 9th, and won it on a 2-out, bases loaded check-swing single by Rick Dempsey in the bottom of the 10th.

It was only the 5th game of the year, but outside the stadium after the game, an Oriole fan had his arms raised triumphantly in the air, and he was saying "Orioles of '79." :)

This is just what I was about to type. The orange jersey/white hat combo is brilliant, but I think that the black front should be used otherwise...

The black hat with the away jerseys looked great Saturday. Black cartoon hat, grey jersey, Baltimore script. First time since '75, no? The black hat, black jerseys looked good too. The white hat should only be worn with orange jerseys.

I just don't understand how there are people in the world that don't like the home hats. I just don't get it. Its like hearing someone say I don't like puppies and beer. :P

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I would never mix puppies and beer, it is too dangerous.

I just don't understand how there are people in the world that don't like the home hats. I just don't get it. Its like hearing someone say I don't like puppies and beer. :P

It brings to your mind puppies and beer. It brings to my mind bell-bottoms and disco.

Yeah all those horrible orioles teams of the 1970's. Plus, the retro look works.

If you need to believe that the reason the Orioles won in the 1970s was the fat cartoon birds on their heads, go right ahead.

I'll just go on thinking that they were great teams in ugly uniforms.

Archived