Post here when defense cost us the game

Mr Snuffleupagus

What's the verdict on this game.

Did the D cost us the W? or can we agree that we were going to lose regardless?

I see 2 unearned runs. Remove em and we still lose. Right?

Friday night's game? The defense definitely cost us our chance to win that game. It's not just the unearned runs, its the other poor defensive plays not called errors, like the pop fly Reimold didn't catch with 2 out in the 1st inning that led to an extra run.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Friday night's game? The defense definitely cost us our chance to win that game. It's not just the unearned runs, its the other poor defensive plays not called errors, like the pop fly Reimold didn't catch with 2 out in the 1st inning that led to an extra run.

Thanks Frob. I'm rewatching on MLB.tv now. I'll update the OP.

• 3 weeks later...
Chris Davis probably just cost us the game there. It is frustrating we don't have a first or third baseman that can field.

Don't Jinx the team :D

I'll say I'm surprised thus far how few entries I've had in here given our defense. Helps to have a stellar offense and bullpen.

Chris Davis probably just cost us the game there. It is frustrating we don't have a first or third baseman that can field.

What... games are now over when tied after the top of the 6th? ;)

I know what you are saying though. I'm not sold on this team being a .500 team, much less a contending team. But good teams do not have sucky defense at the corners like Davis, Betemit and Reynolds.

What... games are now over when tied after the top of the 6th? ;)

I know what you are saying though. I'm not sold on this team being a .500 team, much less a contending team. But good teams do not have sucky defense at the corners like Davis, Betemit and Reynolds.

Unless you're the Tigers.

Updated for 5/14 loss to NYY. This one fell squarely on Chris Davis...

This coupled with the fact that he looks like he doesn't care when he messes up. I'm sure he does but when Reynolds messed up you could see the embarressment on his face. When Reynolds comes back he needs to play first base and put our best defensive third baseman out there, whether it be Flaherty or Tolleson. Offensive needs to be an after thought at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
Game's not over, and we're still winning, but Mark Reynolds 2 errors here in the 5th inning has Boston on the board and Hammel's pitch count up to 94.

Reynolds only had one. Tolleson was credited with the second.

It still amazes me that folks think he is "good" over at first.

Archived