I dont think I've ever seen that many O's strike out looking

Frobby

Seriously, how many backwards K's were there in this game? Hunter just said we struck out 16 times and I will bet at least 10 were with the bats on the shoulders. There were quite a few questionable called strike threes but the O's just seemed paralyzed up there.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, how many backwards K's were there in this game? Hunter just said we struck out 16 times and I will bet at least 10 were with the bats on the shoulders. There were quite a few questionable called strike threes but the O's just seemed paralyzed up there.

We had exactly 10 backwards Ks.

Oddly the first one wasn't until the 6th. And then the flood gates opened. For some reason Phelps and Wade confused the hell out of our hitters.

Each team struck out 14 times.

Yankees:

Struck out swinging 12 times, 2 looking

Orioles:

Struck out swinging 5 times, 9 looking

Unless I counted wrong.

We didn't work the outside corner like the Yankees and that's what is being given by the umps (ridiculously so imo).

A great hitter like Cano will think about how the other team is pitching him and instead of lookin middle in on the first pitch, actually look for the outside pitch and drive it the other way. We have guys like Hardy who can't even reach the outside pitch. His whole AB is centered around getting a mistake middle in. Did anyone on the team drive the ball to the opposite field tonight? There were some bad calls but we took a lot of fat pitches. I think Markakis alone was called out on strikes his last 3 times up. We have no go to guy. It's as simple as that. The game could have gone 20 innings. We weren't going to score. Score? A hit would have been nice. Last hit I remember was Reimold's cheapie into RF. Totally feeble at bats. When the other team is constantly pounding the outside corner with fastballs you have to adjust and look for it. We have a bunch of mistake hitters.

When Nick is chasing those pitches, he slumps big time.

Give me a break. They weren't all bad pitches. Left field is his strength.

Most were. I do think there was one he should have gone after.

But if you watch Nick, when he slumps, he is going after those pitches, not walking and meekly grounding out.

As I said I am glad the whole team didn't go after those horrible pitches.

Archived