Tigers set to acquire Cabrera, Willis from Marlins

Dannyboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad this is done and he's not going to a team that we were considering trading either Bedard or Tejada to.

However, in another thread, it was reported that the Tigers really wanted Bedard, but AM didn't think they were a good match for us. If we could have gotten a deal that included Maybin and Miller, that would have certainly been something to strongly consider imo.

Sorry for all the confussion. If a moderator could move the thread to the proper forum, it would be greatly apreciated. Again, please accept my apology, i was not out to misslead anyone.

Don't worry, as soon as they move it, somebody else will start a new one just like it ;-)

From Gammons on the blog:

"• The Tigers have won the Miguel Cabrera sweepstakes. Detroit acquired Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis for six players -- Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, catcher Mike Rabelo and three minor league prospects."

HUGE!!! Depending on who the prospects are this could be a relly great deal for Florida. Willis hasn't impressed at all in a couple NL seasons, how's he going to perform in the AL? I like this from Florida's angle, although losing Cabrera is difficult.

Wow.

They trade a young lefty and young third baseman for an even YOUNGER lefty and outfielder, plus whatever the minor-leaguers are.

We have our first blockbuster, ladies and gentlemen.

Archived