Tigers set to acquire Cabrera, Willis from Marlins

Dannyboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad this is done and he's not going to a team that we were considering trading either Bedard or Tejada to.

However, in another thread, it was reported that the Tigers really wanted Bedard, but AM didn't think they were a good match for us. If we could have gotten a deal that included Maybin and Miller, that would have certainly been something to strongly consider imo.

Well, I figure Cabrera + Willis > Bedard or Bedard + Tejada. We weren't getting both of them, likely.

I posted this in the other MCab to the Tigers thread, but I don't get why the Tigers weren't a good match for us with Bedard as was reported if Maybin and Miller were possibilities.

It's good that he's been traded to a team we apparently were going to trade Bedard or Tejada to though.

Interesting, very interesting.

The Angels really have to step up and do something. If Santana goes to the Red Sox, the Sox will run away w/the East, Detroit should win the Central and the Angels will have a heckuva time trying to get to the WS trying to beat either of them.

Getting an impact hitter and a pitcher would be smart.

Man....the Marlins are going to be terrible.

Willis was terrible last year. Sure it hurts to lose Cabrera, but this a a huge haul for them.

Maybin should be a stud in CF for years. They still have Uggla, Ramirez, and Hermida in the line-up.

They get a really good young LH in Miller.

This is a really good deal for the Marlins.

Man....the Marlins are going to be terrible.

Not really.

Miller will go into their rotation right away and will automatically be better than Willis.

Maybin could be placed in CF right off the bat.

The backup catcher they are getting will create a weak combo behind the plate, but the offense can make up for it.

I posted this in the other MCab to the Tigers thread, but I don't get why the Tigers weren't a good match for us with Bedard as was reported if Maybin and Miller were possibilities.

It's good that he's been traded to a team we apparently were going to trade Bedard or Tejada to though.

The Tigers have pitching to spare, they made this trade to get MCab.

It would have to be alot more then that my friend!

think so? Keep in mind that's a lot of young talent we'd be asking the Angels to give up. Weaver's value is very high, as is Wood's. Santana is a bit of a question mark, but he definitely has value.

Attempting to remove all Oriole bias from my mind, this seems like a pretty fair deal to me.

Archived