Tigers set to acquire Cabrera, Willis from Marlins

Dannyboy

FROM MLBTR:

Just looking at the stats for these three guys, they don't look like much, but as players 4-6 in the deal I guess it doesn't matter. Badenhop looks like a Josh Towers type low-K low-BB kind of guy. De la Cruz looks like a wild, inconsistent reliever. Trahern has even worse K numbers than Badenhop, must be a ground ball guy because his HR rate is very low as well.

You can't have too many pitchers.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/SPORTS02/71204065/1050/rss15

The Tigers have acquired third baseman Miguel Cabrera and left-hander Dontrelle Willis from the Florida Marlins in exchange for a package of six prospects including outfielder Cameron Maybin and left-hander Andrew Miller.

The package of prospects includes catcher Mike Rabelo, RHP Burke Badenhop, RHP Eulogio de la Cruz and RHP Dallas Trahern from the organization.

As a result of the move, the Tigers are now willing to move Marcus Thames, Brandon Inge and Chad Durbin.

It will be interesting to see where these 3 end up. I could see Durbin headed for Washington.

Just looking at the stats for these three guys, they don't look like much, but as players 4-6 in the deal I guess it doesn't matter. Badenhop looks like a Josh Towers type low-K low-BB kind of guy. De la Cruz looks like a wild, inconsistent reliever. Trahern has even worse K numbers than Badenhop, must be a ground ball guy because his HR rate is very low as well.

You can't have too many pitchers.

TNSTAAPP(UYAAMOCK)

or

There's No such Thing As A Pitching Prospect (Unless You Are Andrew Miller Or Clayton Kershaw) :P

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/SPORTS02/71204065/1050/rss15

It will be interesting to see where these 3 end up. I could see Durbin headed for Washington.

Before anyone asks if we should have any interest in those guys (because they always do), no, we should not. They're all 30 or older and just not that good. Thames, I wanted last year but we went for Huff and Knott (who wound up not getting time anyway). Now another season has passed and it wasn't a good one for Thames.

I'm assuming they're keeping Raburn. Should have tried to buy low on him before they brought him up.

Good deal for the Marlins....Top talent for them there.

The Tigers are incredible right now.

The Tigers are incredible right now, with probably the most stacked line-up in all of the majors.

The issue, they have given up EIGHT prospects this offseason. Rick Porcello is the only thing they have left.

They definitely gave up the farm to get back into WS contention next year, but definitely look like one of the favorites.

The Tigers are incredible right now, with probably the most stacked line-up in all of the majors.

The issue, they have given up EIGHT prospects this offseason. Rick Porcello is the only thing they have left.

They definitely gave up the farm to get back into WS contention next year, but definitely look like one of the favorites.

This is true but OTOH, they will spend big on the draft, so they can replenish quickly.

I'll still take the Yanks over them but yea, they've made themselves one of the top teams going into next year.

They need to get their pen sorted out with Rodney playing poorly last year and Zumaya apparently out for quite some time.

The Orioles need to be on the phone with the Angels....ummm.....now!

Archived