Dylan Bundy has his Second Start Tonight

weams

Yeah, this is about how I'm taking it. I'm super glad he's dominating because it means he's doing what I hoped he'd do at this level, not because he's blowing the doors off my expectations. I mean, I guess this is a best-case scenario for Dylan Bundy at Delmarva, so in that sense it's excellent, but it's also the likely-case scenario, so it's tough to really get super stoked based on these six innings.

I wouldn't call it the likely case, but it's at the top of the band of probable outcomes.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Bundy was good but I didn't realize that perfection at low A was expected? It's a little disappointing that he could only strike out 6 of the 9 hitters in each of his two starts.

That's not really what anyone is saying. Unless you're trying to just start some #$%& because you're bored.

Supposedly 3 innings is the plan for the first few starts. No real need to stretch him out and with him being in a full season league for the first time I guess they are keeping options open so he can pitch the full year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

So if the expectation was to throw a perfect game every time out in Low A ball what should be the expectations for his move to Frederick? No hitters??? Please lord watch over this kids arm.

Speaking only for myself, my expectations for him on this particular start against this particular lineup was that he would throw three perfect innings. I certainly would not have had that opinion were he facing Hickory or Greenville or West Viriginia, for example.

I see your point but I still assert three inning increments at this level of competition isn't going to accomplish one of their stated goals.

I wanted him in High A to begin with.

They are more worried about how to stretch his innings over an entire season. He won't be in Delmarva long but I don't see why anyone would be upset where he's pitching right now. Like Stotle said, he's getting his work in right now early while adjusting to the minor league lifestyle. Also, why not give your affiliates a chance to run a promotion for one for the best if not best prospect to come into the system in a long time?

I'll bet he's in Frederick by early to mid May,

They are more worried about how to stretch his innings over an entire season. He won't be in Delmarva long but I don't see why anyone would be upset where he's pitching right now. Like Stotle said, he's getting his work in right now early while adjusting to the minor league lifestyle. Also, why not give your affiliates a chance to run a promotion for one for the best if not best prospect to come into the system in a long time?

I'll bet he's in Frederick by early to mid May,

I would prefer him to have stability with his area, league and teammates rather then giving him a slower learning curve. I would have preferred if he didn't have to pitch in three different leagues in one season which it currently looks like he might. To me leaving him in A+ till their all star break then promoting him to AA is superior to him having a one month interlude in low A where he isn't getting challenged.

I am sure Delmarva is happy to have him.

Regarding the talk that he should be in Bowie, I wonder if they may not want him on the same team as his brother right now.

1. They may think it will put unfair pressure on Bobby (whom I think they still like as a prospect) to try to live up to the performance of his younger brother.

2. Perhaps they want Dylan to make his own way vs. be shepherded by Bobby and maybe becoming too attached to the idea of being on the same team with him.

3. It could be awkward for Dylan to be getting all of the attention from someone that, from everything I have seen and read, he highly respects and looks up to.

I am sure the above is just minor stuff, but I could see it being the difference between moving him to Frederick vs. Bowie.

I would prefer him to have stability with his area, league and teammates rather then giving him a slower learning curve. I would have preferred if he didn't have to pitch in three different leagues in one season which it currently looks like he might. To me leaving him in A+ till their all star break then promoting him to AA is superior to him having a one month interlude in low A where he isn't getting challenged.

I am sure Delmarva is happy to have him.

You can get away pitching him 3IP per start in low A easier than in A+...that's all.

AA is a much more difficult level, hitters can hit offspeed pitches and catch up to 97mph FB. You have to know how to mix pitches and really pitch at that level. A couple months in A+ might give us a better idea if he's ready for that, but it shouldn't be expected that he can handle AA right now either.

Speaking only for myself, my expectations for him on this particular start against this particular lineup was that he would throw three perfect innings. I certainly would not have had that opinion were he facing Hickory or Greenville or West Viriginia, for example.

You made that pretty clear before the game. The White Sox system must really be awful, based on your comments about Kannapolis. It does not look to me like Delmarva plays any of the three teams you mentioned in the next 6 weeks, which I think is the maximum amount of time Bundy will be at Delmarva. He could get Greenville during April 24-27, depending on how many days they rest him, but he could miss that series. His next start should be Hagerstown, and then Greensboro or Greenville.

You made that pretty clear before the game. The White Sox system must really be awful, based on your comments about Kannapolis. It does not look to me like Delmarva plays any of the three teams you mentioned in the next 6 weeks, which I think is the maximum amount of time Bundy will be at Delmarva. He could get Greenville during April 24-27, depending on how many days they rest him, but he could miss that series. His next start should be Hagerstown, and then Greensboro or Greenville.

I think he'll be gone well-before that.

Archived