2012 Washington Nationals Thread

NewMarketSean

Yeah I wrote about this a couple months ago. 70% of their attendance are people with free tickets from work, it's still going to take a few more weeks of good baseball before people hop on the bandwagon (it'll pick up when they jump off the CAPS bandwagon).

I don't look so crazy for calling them a playoff team when they made the Gio trade now huh?

They get the first wildcard. That was my prediction as well. Davey Johnson is looking real good right now. People were freaking out in ST when Gio was getting rattled around too. I agree, you have to give up value to get value. You cannot sit on your hands all the time if you wanna win.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I'd like to pooh pooh the Nats, I can't. They have a great rotation and a solid bullpen, and they could get better with Morse coming back and Harper on deck. At worst they are the second best team in that division.

• 2 months later...

Nats just won an exciting game in which Pedro Beato bounced a curve ball with 2 outs and the bases loaded. They are 52-36 and have the best record in the NL. Remember when the Os and Nats were both in first place? We found out who the pretender was really fast.

Nats just won an exciting game in which Pedro Beato bounced a curve ball with 2 outs and the bases loaded. They are 52-36 and have the best record in the NL. Remember when the Os and Nats were both in first place? We found out who the pretender was really fast.

I always expected the Nats to be better. Their pitching is superb. Still glad we beat them 4 out of 6. And, I will root for the Nats in the post-season even though I am lukewarm about them.

Its actually funny how we start off pretty good every year and then absolutley become a disaster. I saw it coming, we were a fluke. People were getting all excited around here which was good and all but it created a false hope that it would last.

It just sucks to see the Nats are the truth and based on their youth, their vets, their GM's ability to make moves....they will be a winner for years to come im afraid barring some major injuries.

I hate seeing that team and how we could have easily become them via the draft/other personnell decsions. What I would give to be able to trade teams and have some hope for once in my life as an O's fan.

It's also funny to hear the jealousy from O's fans.

I think it was jealousy back when they were racking up #1 overall picks meanwhile we were a terrible team but drafted a few spots afterward. But now, its just anger...not mad at them per se but just mad at the situation and where we are at.

I think it was jealousy back when they were racking up #1 overall picks meanwhile we were a terrible team but drafted a few spots afterward. But now, its just anger...not mad at them per se but just mad at the situation and where we are at.

I know Harper and Strasburg are very unique talents but the Orioles have drafted their share of talented players and not seen them succeed, or even make an impact.

The Nationals are good right now for many more reasons than just getting two #1 draft picks in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to two games this year, and I get flack from McNulty and AO and others but quite frankly I don't give a crap. It just so happens that there's a great baseball team right in my backyard and the tickets have been free.

And this is also blasphemous, but I love Nats park. The open concourse looking out onto the field is awesome. I don't think it's as great as Camden Yards but I don't think it's far behind, either.

It's a nice stadium. It lacks the localized flair that OPACY and PNC and other stadiums have since it's basically been plopped down into an industrial park with no views of the monuments or the Capitol, but it is a nice stadium and the team is exciting. I don't get all the Nats hate from O's fans. Both teams are playing well. Enjoy it. It's great for the Baltimore/DC area.

Archived