Dear Orioles, Here is what you should do with Kevin Gregg:

Todd-O

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't need another Gregg thread. And as spot on as your feelings are, this is reactionary....had he not sucked today, would you post this?
Would I have posted this? Probably not. Would I have felt confident if he came out and got us out of the 6th? No, I would have been praying that Buck didn't plan to bring him out for the 7th.

Please use this thread to let the orioles know what they should do with Kevin Gregg.

I'm going first: Ship him to AAA.

They're not hiring. Besides, Gregg has made way too much money as a major league baseball player to even consider working for an automobile club. He could retire comfortably on the money that he has already made, plus the pension that he has coming to him.

Accept the things you cannot change (Gregg's contract) and have the courage to change the things you can (Gregg being on the roster).

I don't understand why they're holding on to him. They're not going to get their money back, and they're likely losing value by having him pitch instead of someone else. What is the financial difference between cutting him and bringing up Phillips and keeping him on the roster? The difference between one major and minor league salary? That can't be worth having Gregg on the roster, can it?

I don't think they lose anything. Phillips will make ML minimum but I believe any ML team that signs Gregg is reponsible for ML minimum with the O's picking up the rest of the contact. I think.

I am sure the expectation was that Gregg would throw 95 mph, he would pitch ok for a few times and he would go to someone who just lost their guy to Dr. Andrews. Other teams look at Gregg now and say, get that guy with the injury out here and we will teach him to trow with the other arm. I seriously think that he has gone completely Garrett Atkins on us.

Some would say that about Brian Roberts as well. That is two 40 roster spot that could be freed up.

I at least have a glimmer of hope that Brian can contribute yet. And he's even more money. Between Gregg's salary and Brian's I think is a threshold Angelos is not willing to cross.

We don't need him in Delmarva!!!

Send him to Delmarva to be Bundy's bullpen catcher.

Just kidding.

Cut him, I was in favor of giving him a shot to see if he could get back to average this season but it doesn't look likely and I would rather cut him now and bring up a fresh arm for the bullpen on this road trip.

Reynolds didn't play today.

Thought it as soon as I typed it. Still, no one is saying cut Reynolds. Move him to 1B, move him to DH, move him to Philly for prospects, but no outright releases.

Yet, anyway.

We don't need another Gregg thread. And as spot on as your feelings are, this is reactionary....had he not sucked today, would you post this?

To be fair, you could post a new thread with this subject every day. And you'd be right to.

Archived