Wei-Yin Chen Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like Koji, it will probably take him a few starts to be solid. He definitely showed he's capable of it for a few innings last start.

Hopefully he and Wieters can work the magic quicker than Koji did.

He was just one decent throw ....... not even a good throw, just a decent throw by Nick Markakis, which would have had Robinson Cano out by at least 10 feet at home plate ........ from having a line of 6 innings pitched, a 1.50 ERA, and (likely) a 1-0 record.

Again, the Orioles are one of the best "would have, could have, should have" teams in recent memory. :(

Hopefully, we'll score sooner than the 9th inning tonight and take some of the pressure off of Chen early. Disappointed that we were unable to break through against Humber last night, as poorly as he pitched. That game shouldn't have been that close.

Happy we did score late and win, but it would be nice if they did give the starters a lead to work with much earlier in the game.

I didn't have my MLB.TV subscription until the season started and I missed his first game. Now I have a date night with my girlfriend tonight. It's killing me not to have ever seen this guy pitch!

Win or lose, I'm going to try and watch the archive of the game tomorrow or Thursday.

I didn't have my MLB.TV subscription until the season started and I missed his first game. Now I have a date night with my girlfriend tonight. It's killing me not to have ever seen this guy pitch!

Win or lose, I'm going to try and watch the archive of the game tomorrow or Thursday.

Sometimes I feel like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLd4zOxAguM

Use your DVR and watch it later !

Stare 'em down, Wei-Yin. :)

WHITE SOXOOOOO (4/17)

Alejandro De Aza - CF

Brent Morel - 3B

Adam Dunn - DH

Paul Konerko - 1B

A.J. Pierzynski - C

Alex Rios - RF

Alexei Ramirez - SS

Dayan Viciedo - LF

Gordon Beckham - 2B

Would be really nice to get the W tonight so we lock up either a tie or win for the series. Hopefully Chen has a solid 2nd outing.

At the end of the day, this is the reality. The O's need to take care of games out of the division and find some way to be at least .500 in the division.

At the end of the day, this is the reality. The O's need to take care of games out of the division and find some way to be at least .500 in the division.

Believe it or not, we went 9-9 against the D-Rays last season, and 8-10 against the Red Sox.

Over the past few years, this team has been eerily inconsistent in many ways. They were incredibly hot over the last 2 months and month an-a-half of the last 2 respective seasons after being awful in the first 2/3 of said seasons. It's like the talent is there, but we just can't seem to put it all together over the full 162. I'm hoping that we are the next D-Rays of the A.L. East like Derek Jeter said that he thought we were a couple of years ago.

He was just one decent throw ....... not even a good throw, just a decent throw by Nick Markakis, which would have had Robinson Cano out by at least 10 feet at home plate ........ from having a line of 6 innings pitched, a 1.50 ERA, and (likely) a 1-0 record.

Ummm, I watched that play and was extremely critical of Markakis, but even if he did everything right, it would have been a bang-bang play at home. I was extremely critical because his error was so fundamentally poor, not because he absolutely should have thrown Cano out.

Ummm, I watched that play and was extremely critical of Markakis, but even if he did everything right, it would have been a bang-bang play at home. I was extremely critical because his error was so fundamentally poor, not because he absolutely should have thrown Cano out.

Agreed. It's not like it was an easy play. We just are used to seeing better throws from Nick.

I watched it also. It was not deep at all, and the ball dribbled in on 2 bounces. Wieters was helplessly waiting, willing it to come in quicker. Cano is out by ten feet on a decent throw. And a decent throw from that short distance that Markakis threw it from is a one-hop throw, which isn't asking a lot.

Archived