Adam Jones related....Does anybody know

Roll Tide

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you said it yourself, you are not a fan of Jones and therefore are looking for something to complain about.

The two guy that are right in front of him are Markakis and Hardy, both of whom are in a bad slump right now.

In the early goings he has a line of .313/.354/.622/.976

For God sakes h is 1/9 with RSIP - NINE ABs! You are worrying about NINE ABs.

You said it yourself, you don't like Jones and your own personal feelings are the only justification for bringing this up. He is fine, shouldn't you be more worried about Nick and JJ cooling off hardcore after their first five games? After all, that is the primary reason Adam hasn't had a lot of opportunities with runners on.

I'm not looking for something to complain about Jim.... I looked at advanced hitting after reading your posts. In the 11 games played so far Jones has come to the plate with 27 runners on base. 1 of them had scored (4%). Now I realize that its early and that all of the 27 guys werent in scoring position (he's had 9 attempts as you've mentioned). But he's your clean up hitter.But surely you expect better than 4% right? I think Hardy will be fine and its true he has been struggling. As far as Nick is concerned sadly he's likely the player he's been the last 2 years.

Both are key to our very understanding of the universe while thousands of man hours of research hasn't uncovered either one!

Dark matter.... We can get Morgan Freeman to do a voice over on clutchiness. James Earl could do the naysayers side.

That is such a stretch of an argument. You are actively looking for something to complain about. BTW after today Jones is now 3 for 11 with RISP. That gives him a .272 average.

So yeah much better no?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'd swear you're trying to start a argument Jim. One game does a season not make. Before today in the previous 12 he had 1 non solo homerun RBI. Now he has 3 RBIs that werent knocking himself in. I'm willing to concede that it may take a larger sampling to get a more accurate picture.

I'd swear you're trying to start a argument Jim. One game does a season not make. Before today in the previous 12 he had 1 non solo homerun RBI. Now he has 3 RBIs that werent knocking himself in. I'm willing to concede that it may take a larger sampling to get a more accurate picture.

One game does nit a season make. Neither does nine games. In one game he made his RISP number jump into respectability because he is a good player and good players tend to play well in these situations over the course of the season.

One game does nit a season make. Neither does nine games. In one game he made his RISP number jump into respectability because he is a good player and good players tend to play well in these situations over the course of the season.

And Some guys way over value their players. I personally dont in this case. As I said he may even things out over time and require a second look. I hope he has a Great season so he returns a bounty at the deadline or next off season. I still dont think Jones has any intention of extending.

Did Jones just start playing this year? I think 4+ years of data is worth looking at, 13 games really isn't.

Did Jones just start playing this year? I think 4+ years of data is worth looking at, 13 games really isn't.

I agree ....4+ years of a OBP just slighty better than a BA. And this year he's hitting 4th ....ZSo its hard to compare previous seasons. And he's never hit over 90 rbis in any of those seasons. AJ is a good MLB player...But thats all...and batting him 4th just further reveals his shortcomings as a player.

Even his biggest fans willadmit he swings for the fences every PA & hes impatient.

I agree ....4+ years of a OBP just slighty better than a BA. And this year he's hitting 4th ....ZSo its hard to compare previous seasons. And he's never hit over 90 rbis in any of those seasons. AJ is a good MLB player...But thats all...and batting him 4th just further reveals his shortcomings as a player.

Even his biggest fans willadmit he swings for the fences every PA & hes impatient.

No, they will not.

You are backing yourself into a corner and now you are grasping. His hot start is making this thread even more laughable.

Archived