vs. WHITE SOX 4/19

OFFNY

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't get to see any of this but checked it out in cursory fashion on Gameday. Looks like Hammel was decent aside from that rough patch in the third, and Strop made a nice recovery after getting in that no-out jam last inning. Still too many Ks on the batting side from certain folks, and Nick Johnson is still 0-for-the-season, ffs. Like the fact they manufactured some runs, though. Sound in the ballpark?

Ah...it's worth the risk. It's not like Chavez is likely to homer there.

I would be overjoyed if we went 0 for 0 in steals for the entire year. It's just not WORTH it unless you have a guy you're confident will succeed 75-80% of the time.

I would be overjoyed if we went 0 for 0 in steals for the entire year. It's just not WORTH it unless you have a guy you're confident will succeed 75-80% of the time.

In general, I agree. With 2 outs, a 2-run lead in the 9th, and Chavez up...I don't mind the risk.

In general, I agree. With 2 outs, a 2-run lead in the 9th, and Chavez up...I don't mind the risk.

Sure, in the sense that we already have a good shot of winning, it's one of the better times to make that bad decision. But even Chavez gets on base a third of the time. And it's not like we needed that one run to walk off. I guarantee you score more runs in the long run by not stealing.

Archived