vs. WHITE SOX 4/19

OFFNY

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
instead of arguing, Rios should have ran to first and forced a throw that could have gone wild and won the game..

unless he couldnt..hmm

No throw. Catcher would just step on the plate. Force with the bases loaded.

Nice win. Is is still early?

By the way, baseball has some weird rules. This one about running to first on a strikeout, or the runner missing the base. I wonder if neither player is alert to what's going on, then do they just stand around with the umpire looking at them? Talk about an awkward situation. If one of the players leaves, can they be tagged out in the dugout? The clubhouse? The bathroom? Must they be tagged out?

Nice win. Is is still early?

By the way, baseball has some weird rules. This one about running to first on a strikeout, or the runner missing the base. I wonder if neither player is alert to what's going on, then do they just stand around with the umpire looking at them? Talk about an awkward situation. If one of the players leaves, can they be tagged out in the dugout? The clubhouse? The bathroom? Must they be tagged out?

In 1975, Roy White of the Yankees was tagged out in the dugout, which was the (successful) appeal by the Minnesota Twins in their claim that he had missed the plate. I saw it on WPIX-11 when I was a kid.

Beyond the dugout, I'm not absolutely sure. Bernie Carbo still hasn't been tagged out at the plate in Game One of the 1970 World Series, which is why our 1970 World Championship has an asterisk next to it in the record books. It is quite possible that any one of the surviving members from our 1970 team can still go to Carbo's house with an official Rawlings baseball, tag him out, and then we can finally have that damned asterisk removed from the record books.

Archived