The Birds of Camden Yards vs. the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Baja California - 10pm/420

O's are Legends

I wanted to make my 1000th post count. What better way than a game thread.

For the O's

Brian "I will pitch like its 2010" Matusz - 2 starts, record of 0-2, 8.38 era

Vs.

Jerome "I look forward to increasing my era" Williams - 1 start, record of 0-1, 16.87 era

I'm not sure when the last time Matusz faced someone whose era was higher than his, but I'll take any optimistic approach I can with this game. Talking about high it's 420, oh nevermind.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll chime in and say I was thinking of starting a game thread myself! :P Us second-shifters LOVE west coast trips! I'll be back in this game thread about 11:15 ish. About the 4th inning. Got the whole weekend off for the rest of the games too! :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

I wanted to make my 1000th post count. What better way than a game thread.

For the O's

Brian "I will pitch like its 2010" Matusz - 2 starts' date=' record of 0-2, 8.38 era[/font']

Vs.

Jerome "I look forward to increasing my era" Williams - 1 start, record of 0-1, 16.87 era

I'm not sure when the last time Matusz faced someone whose era was higher than his, but I'll take any optimistic approach I can with this game. Talking about high it's 420, oh nevermind.

You bastard. :) Hey, if you're going to make your 1,000th post to count, what better way to do it than to bump OFFNY off of his beloved game thread ??? :cool:

I'm not sure when the last time Matusz faced someone whose era was higher than his' date=' but I'll take any optimistic approach I can with this game. Talking about high it's 420, oh nevermind.[/font'][/color][/size]

I think 420 is what right handers are hitting off of Matusz as well. could he be lighting up before games?

ORIOLES

Nolan Reimold - LF

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Matt Wieters - C

Wilson Betemit - 3B

Mark Reynolds - DH

Chris Davis - 1B

Robert Andino - 2B

Brian Matusz - LHP (0-2, 8.38 ERA)

ANGELS

Erick Aybar - SS

Howie Kendrick - 2B

Albert Pujols - 1B

Torii Hunter - RF

Mark Trumbo - LF

Vernon Wells - CF

Kendrys Morales - DH

Chris Iannetta - C

Alberto Callaspo - 3B

Jerome Williams - RHP (0-1, 16.88 ERA)

Somebody needs to tell him to quit f#$%in' up the rotation, especially on Friday....

Even if we lose every game Matusz makes an appearance in, we can still play .500 or slightly-better-than-.500 baseball despite him. I think this fact speaks volumes about the incredible skill and improvement that has filtered down through the Orioles organization for 2012. We are no longer a roll-over team. We are a force to be reckoned with. Even the hottest teams are going to enter an Orioles game with some doubt about whether they'll win, unless Matusz is on the mound.

And, of course, we've seen other pitchers who can be just as abysmal as Matusz. Even if Matusz is terrible, if the other pitcher is also terrible then the game becomes a slug-fest. More of a question of whose batters are better -- and if we get caught in that situation, I think we'd give just about anybody a run for their money.

Hello all-- I'm an O's fan living in Madrid and since I'm up at this late hour I'd like to see how much of Matusz's start I can stay awake for. Staring at gameday can get a bit dull, though...it's easy enough to stream radio over the internet, so if anyone could provide me with one or two of the radio stations in the baltimore/D.C. area with coverage of the game I'd be much obliged!

Hello all-- I'm an O's fan living in Madrid and since I'm up at this late hour I'd like to see how much of Matusz's start I can stay awake for. Staring at gameday can get a bit dull, though...it's easy enough to stream radio over the internet, so if anyone could provide me with one or two of the radio stations in the baltimore/D.C. area with coverage of the game I'd be much obliged!

I'd love to help, but the online radio feeds won't bring the game because of MLB rules.

Archived