The Birds of Camden Yards vs. the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Baja California - 10pm/420

O's are Legends

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a Bordick fan, but am I the only one who thinks his commentary is somewhat...painful?

He knows what he's talking about, but you can tell he's uncomfortable. That can only be helped with more experience. When he gave the keys to BMat's success tonight, and then had to give the advertisement information, that just sounded terrible. It was as if someone tapped him on the shoulder and said, here, don't forget to read this.

Haven't really noticed anything other than mispronouncing Callaspo.

I feel Thorne does a good job of covering the amateur announcers though.

It's not a matter of mispronouncing words, etc., IMO. It's just...he doesn't say very useful things.

Like...Matusz needs to command his pitches to use his pitches? (paraphrase) That made me shudder slightly.

He knows what he's talking about, but you can tell he's uncomfortable. That can only be helped with more experience. When he gave the keys to BMat's success tonight, and then had to give the advertisement information, that just sounded terrible. It was as if someone tapped him on the shoulder and said, here, don't forget to read this.

Hah...yes. I'll just hope he gets more comfortable as the season wears on.

Archived