Mike Bordick?

Going Underground

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I like about Bordick is he is honest. He's not trying to be anything other than Mike Bordick. He is not trying to be entertaining, he is just talking about the game he see's. I'm fine with that. Anything to keep Dempsey and Hunter out of the booth. I am sure he'll get better. And I don't mind one of our coaches referring to the team as we.

Very serious. He is annoying, pompous, communicates almost nothing of value or substance (which is the definition of a "windbag"), casually mentions obscure names that people my age remember, but most wouldn't (Larry Hisle, Larry Harlow, Tommy Hutton), name drops about current players on other teams that he has discussions with (I'm sure when they see him coming they want to just disappear). The man has been married and divorced four times for a reason. He is super annoying.

I turn the tv sound down and radio sound on whenever he is on the air. Can't stand him.

You must not have watched the post game show after Flanny's death. I am willing to forgive Palmer all his faults(though I don't think he has that many) after that night.

Ben was fantastic. Not sure if Ben was ever asked to go full time. We know what went on with Brady. I think Hunter lobbied for Bordick.

Is this a question that would qualify in the "ask the Orioles" sections? I thought Ben was absoulutely terrific too, he should be a full time announcer in my eyes. Either that or he should replace Bob Carpenter for the Nats game, he makes me so tired when I listen to a game it is hard not to fall asleep.

Is this a question that would qualify in the "ask the Orioles" sections? I thought Ben was absoulutely terrific too, he should be a full time announcer in my eyes. Either that or he should replace Bob Carpenter for the Nats game, he makes me so tired when I listen to a game it is hard not to fall asleep.

You don't replace a play-by-play guy with a color guy. Also...I'd like to think Ben has more respect for the Orioles (and himself) than to do Nationals games.

Is it just me or does Bordick want to "put a guy in motion" or try to "manufacture a run here" nearly anytime anyone is on base?

Nonetheless, I'm giving him a chance due to small sample size.

Anyone who ever said anything bad about Jim Palmer (who isn't an ex-wife) is on my watch list.

So after listening to Mike Bordick over the weekend ,thoughts? He says we a little too much but that can be fixed. I know the O's take pride in working hard and taking extra fielding and batting practice.I am not sure if I could take Hunter and him together in the booth.

You certainly have a point there. If that were to happen, i might have to mute the TV and turn on WBAL. Not that Bordick's awful, but he and Hunter might just be an intolerable combination, i'm afraid.

You don't replace a play-by-play guy with a color guy. Also...I'd like to think Ben has more respect for the Orioles (and himself) than to do Nationals games.

Well I was joking about the Nats:) I just really am bored by Bob Carpenter.

Agreed-I understand the difference. I would like to see Big Ben (the original) back in the booth more regularly.

Isn't that what Toronto did? Wasn't Buck Whats-his-face always a color guy before Toronto hired him to do play-by-play?

Guest Snoozer

As the Angels series went on I think Bordick gradual got better. It is going to take time for him to get to the level of Jim Palmer and especially the rapport that he has with Gary Thorne.

Yup, Martinez was an O's color guy from 2003-09. I'd love to have him back to replace Hunter or Bordick.

No thanks...

Yes...and he's horrible. To be fair, though, he was a terrible color guy too.

I won't argue with that...

Archived