Mike Bordick?

Going Underground

Tonight, Bordy looked at the Reimold stats as they flashed on the screen and said: "Wow, those are some nice stats, huh?" Yes, Bordy. Yes, they are. Honestly, I'm not hearing all this "intelligence" and insight that everyone's referring to. Any examples of great insights he has offered up lately? I'm not trying to hate. This is actually becoming amusing.

Find me a color guy that doesn't have numerous Captain Obvious moments. Go ahead. I'll wait.

...the implication being, of course, that every single color man on the planet has Captain Obvious moments. This doesn't negate from the other stuff. I'm with Neyer, and now that he articulated it, that's exactly why I've liked Bordy so far, he seems like someone you could watch a game with, just chatting away. Since I can SEE what's going on in TV broadcasts, I like that aspect a lot.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unrelated to that, I think Bordick is ok. I think sometimes he doesn't fill up the air time as much as Thorne is used to, so it can get awkward at times. The job of the color guy is really just to fill the dead air time in baseball games with stories, news, and whatever else they can think of....Bordick is intelligent enough to talk good baseball, but doesn't come across as a natural at the other stuff. I think I'll really enjoy him in a couple months, though.

• 3 weeks later...
Unrelated to that, I think Bordick is ok. I think sometimes he doesn't fill up the air time as much as Thorne is used to, so it can get awkward at times. The job of the color guy is really just to fill the dead air time in baseball games with stories, news, and whatever else they can think of....Bordick is intelligent enough to talk good baseball, but doesn't come across as a natural at the other stuff. I think I'll really enjoy him in a couple months, though.

Gary wandered off between innings and Mike got the point that he was live alone. It was kind of a interesting minute.

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow

of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath

borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how

abhorred in my imagination it is! "

I listen to radio during innings 1,2,5,8,9 when Palmer is on. If its Bordo, make it all

innings. (Angle's innings are as above.) This year, radio is running a second or two

ahead of tv. This makes it nice for doing other things and not missing anything on the tube. Manfra, his flaws have been duly documented on this board, is just tolerable.

Manfra is preferable to Bordo. JMHO!!

I would like Bordick to be more forceful in his opinions. He kind of makes comments about poor plays or poor calls, but he doesn't really state his opinions very strongly. It's kind of like, "oh well, that's the way it goes." I realize you can't go ballistic every time there is a missed ball/strike call, but when it gets to be a very noticeable pattern, Palmer will always be pretty blunt about it. Bordick is too understated.

He said last night, that you got to tip your hat to the Yankees offense. What game was he watching? We committed 2 errors, both by Chris Davis that led to 3 of there runs. If we could field the ball, we would have won that game.

Archived