Dylan Bundy TONIGHT 4/24

Snutchy

I don't know. LoA hitters won't really be able to keep up with his fastball, though, so I imagine Keith would likewise feel that Barnes has no business at this level.

Do you know why Boston is starting Barnes out in LoA? He's in his age 22 year, a first round college SP who's been going 5-6 IP each time out, and he clearly is too good for the hitters in the SAL. Is it just a confidence building thing?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm nothing close to a scout but in my opinion there was a noticeable differance in the two starters tonight. Yes, you could tell Barnes is a quality arm but batters where making solid contact against him but that wasn't the case with Bundy. In my opinion Bundy's off speed stuff was the biggest difference between the two and I don't think he'll be challenged until Bowie.

This was the first time I saw Bundy in person, and damn was I impressed.

He changed speeds and flawlessly hit the mid-to-high 90's well into his final inning.

I think when it gets consistently warmer around here, he'll be stretched out.

I think the plan is to keep him at Delmarva for the season, Frederick and Bowie next year, Norfolk in 2014 with possible call-up in September 2014, and fulltime in Baltimore in 2015.

I think the plan is to keep him at Delmarva for the season, Frederick and Bowie next year, Norfolk in 2014 with possible call-up in September 2014, and fulltime in Baltimore in 2015.

That would be idiotic. Honestly, I don't think the O's are that incompetent, and I don't put much past the O's.

If they keep Bundy in Delmarva for the whole season, we should fire our entire front office and let Keith Law run the show. (Kidding - but seriously, that would be a terrible decision)

He changed speeds and flawlessly hit the mid-to-high 90's well into his final inning.

I've advocated patience with Bundy and even I think that timeline is about a year off. He'll finish in Bowie this year and see Baltimore in 2013 if he's healthy.

I was the big guy that played the terminix game in the 5th inning with my wife against another couple. We're the ones who won.

Archived